Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Why not UK? Suppose to be so good..

Re: Why not UK? Suppose to be so good..

Brian Cryer

"Bullwinkle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
> RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's 86-year-old King Abdullah handed
> over
> duties to his crown prince on Monday and left to the United States for
> treatment over a blood clot and slipped disc, the palace said.

<snip>

There are probably many reasons, but I can think of a few straight of:

1. Politics. If the US is an ally then he's probably familiar with the US.

> Abdullah rose to the throne of this key U.S. ally and oil power in 2005
> after the death of King Fahd, another of his half brothers, though he had
> already been a de-facto ruler for half a decade.

2. If he's going to the more southern latitudes then its probably warmer in
the US at this time of year than in the UK.

3. He probably earns more air miles than he would with a trip to the UK ...
(grin).

I wish him well for his treatment.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Whiskers

On 2010-11-23, Brian Cryer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Bullwinkle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
>> RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's 86-year-old King Abdullah handed
>> over
>> duties to his crown prince on Monday and left to the United States for
>> treatment over a blood clot and slipped disc, the palace said.

> <snip>
>
> There are probably many reasons, but I can think of a few straight of:
>
> 1. Politics. If the US is an ally then he's probably familiar with the US.
>
>> Abdullah rose to the throne of this key U.S. ally and oil power in 2005
>> after the death of King Fahd, another of his half brothers, though he had
>> already been a de-facto ruler for half a decade.

> 2. If he's going to the more southern latitudes then its probably warmer in
> the US at this time of year than in the UK.
>
> 3. He probably earns more air miles than he would with a trip to the UK ...
> (grin).
>
> I wish him well for his treatment.

4. Anything paid for in US Dollars is effectively free, for the Saudi
Royals.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Mr Pounder

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2010-11-23, Brian Cryer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Bullwinkle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
>>> RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's 86-year-old King Abdullah handed
>>> over
>>> duties to his crown prince on Monday and left to the United States for
>>> treatment over a blood clot and slipped disc, the palace said.

>> <snip>
>>
>> There are probably many reasons, but I can think of a few straight of:
>>
>> 1. Politics. If the US is an ally then he's probably familiar with the
>> US.
>>
>>> Abdullah rose to the throne of this key U.S. ally and oil power in 2005
>>> after the death of King Fahd, another of his half brothers, though he
>>> had
>>> already been a de-facto ruler for half a decade.

>> 2. If he's going to the more southern latitudes then its probably warmer
>> in
>> the US at this time of year than in the UK.
>>
>> 3. He probably earns more air miles than he would with a trip to the UK
>> (grin).
>>
>> I wish him well for his treatment.

> 4. Anything paid for in US Dollars is effectively free, for the Saudi
> Royals.
>
> --
> -- Whiskers

America can have him, we don't want him.
There are too many bloody Arabs here.

Mr Pounder