Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is There A Reverse Whois Database Which Reports Domains By Registrant's Name?

Is There A Reverse Whois Database Which Reports Domains By Registrant's Name?

Internet Highway Traveler

Hello,

I am attempting to locate all domains (number unknown at present) that a
particular person has registered under his own name as the registrant.

If such a database exists, it would be a "reverse Whois" because one would
search by registrant's name, not by domain name.

Does such a database exist and, if so, what is/are the URL(s)?

Thanks.

IHT

richard

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:25:00 -0500, Internet Highway Traveler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to locate all domains (number unknown at present) that a
> particular person has registered under his own name as the registrant.
>
> If such a database exists, it would be a "reverse Whois" because one would
> search by registrant's name, not by domain name.
>
> Does such a database exist and, if so, what is/are the URL(s)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> IHT

Every person or entity that registers a domain name is assigned a "handle".
Once you know what the handle is for that domain name, then all other
records for that handle can be found.

ARIN used to have that feature but not any more.

Problem is, a person could have one domain in the USA, and hundreds in
france and those in france will not be listed in the USA records.

NormanM

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:43:53 -0700, richard wrote:

> Every person or entity that registers a domain name is assigned a "handle".
> Once you know what the handle is for that domain name, then all other
> records for that handle can be found.

http://www.easyname.eu/support/domai...-domain-handle

From which, "Each registrar has its own handle types." So, if you don't know
the domain, you can't get that domain handle, yes?

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

richard

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:09:38 -0800, NormanM wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:43:53 -0700, richard wrote:
>
>> Every person or entity that registers a domain name is assigned a "handle".
>> Once you know what the handle is for that domain name, then all other
>> records for that handle can be found.

> http://www.easyname.eu/support/domai...-domain-handle
>
> From which, "Each registrar has its own handle types." So, if you don't know
> the domain, you can't get that domain handle, yes?

Actually, the handle is assigned to the person or entity.
Arin used to do this but not no more or I don't know how to do it with the
new changes.

Hot-Text

When are you go to update your links at espphotography.com
For the Front page looks good just same of links go no were!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:25:00 -0500, "Internet Highway Traveler"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am attempting to locate all domains (number unknown at present) that a
>>particular person has registered under his own name as the registrant.
>>
>>If such a database exists, it would be a "reverse Whois" because one would
>>search by registrant's name, not by domain name.
>>
>>Does such a database exist and, if so, what is/are the URL(s)?

> http://www.domaintools.com/ - Unfortunately not free.
>
> And may not be accurate. My name comes up with 3 results, 2 starting
> with T, one starting with U.
>
> Nope. Not close.
> --
> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
> address.

NormanM

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:26:57 -0700, richard wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:09:38 -0800, NormanM wrote:

>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:43:53 -0700, richard wrote:

>>> Every person or entity that registers a domain name is assigned a "handle".
>>> Once you know what the handle is for that domain name, then all other
>>> records for that handle can be found.

>> http://www.easyname.eu/support/domai...-domain-handle
>>
>> From which, "Each registrar has its own handle types." So, if you don't know
>> the domain, you can't get that domain handle, yes?

> Actually, the handle is assigned to the person or entity.
> Arin used to do this but not no more or I don't know how to do it with the
> new changes.

Well, according to the cited text, each registrar has their own method of
issuing these "domain handles", so to get the domain handle, you need to
know which registrar issued the domain. Which means you need to know which
domain has the handle. Which means, if you don't know the domain, you can't
get the handle. And, without the handle, you can't find the domain. Classic
"Catch-22" situation.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Internet Highway Traveler

Hello,

I was not aware of domain handles before posting, but would the following be
helpful?
1. I know of one domain, and it is a .com registered through Network
Solutions.
2. The registrant of the domain is a U.S. citizen and resident, and he
registered the domain for his business which is located relatively close to
New York City.
3. If there are more domains, I am certain that they, too, would be .com
domains.
4. Netsol's Whois displayed: Current Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
IP Address: (snipped) (ARIN
& RIPE IP search)
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Apache 2
Lock Status:
clientTransferProhibited
WebSite Status: Active
5. When I clicked the (snipped) IP Address, the following appeared:
NetHandle:
NET-XX-XX-X-X-X (snipped)

Notwithstanding the IP address and Nethandle that I snipped, can any of the
above info be used to locate any additional domains that the individual may
have possibly registered?

Thanks!

IHT

news:(E-Mail Removed)...