Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Copying to DVD CD

Copying to DVD CD

flamestar

I use Nero to copy disks but why does windows offer to copy disks
where it can't. What's worse it says its copying them but when I take
the disk to another computer the disk is blank

Carlos

Hi,
Try burnaware free.
It is lighter, simpler and gets the job done for free.
http://www.burnaware.com/downloads.html
Carlos

On 22 nov, 10:14, flamestar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I use Nero to copy disks but why does windows offer to copy disks
> where it can't. What's worse it says its copying them but when I take
> the disk to another computer the disk is blank

flamestar

I was using widows 7. It came with trial software for burning DVDs but
it time expired. I was running nero but I when the DVD was installed a
window came up and do you want to burn the DVD with windows. Then I
copy the files I wanted to save to the window and asked it to burn the
DVDs and it said it was doing it. Later when I moved the DVD to
another computer the DVD was empty. This has happens ever since
burning a CD was possible. I had the same problem in XP. The big
problem is it says it can do it and it can;t and it says it did it and
it didn't.

On Nov 22, 12:49*pm, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ?Hi, Flamestar.
>
> Which Windows?
>
> Win7 does a much better job than WinXP. *In WinXP (as I recall; it's been
> years since I ran WinXP), a "burn" actually created a file on the HDD, and
> it took one more step to transfer the video or data or other bits from that
> cache file to the optical disk.
>
> Even in Win7, there are several different ways to burn a disk. *And apps
> such as Windows Live Photo Gallery and Movie Maker add other ways to burn
> disks. *You would have a much better chance of getting a good answer if you
> give us just a few more details. *Since this NG is dedicated to 64-bit
> Windows, you might also stand a better chance in a NG dedicated to optical
> media.
>
> RC
> --

I am talking about windows 7. My computer came with a trial version
of DVD software.

On Nov 22, 3:51*pm, Chuck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Actually, CD/DVD burning in Win 7 is not what it should be. Lack of
> information, confusing interim results, etc. are the main problems.
> Win XP was about as bad, at least until a reasonably easy to use front
> end program is obtained.
>
> I always was of the opinion that Microsoft is/was trying to stay out of
> the copying and court debacles.
>
> On 11/22/2010 12:49 PM, R. C. White wrote:
>
> > ?Hi, Flamestar.

> > Which Windows?

I had the problem with XP Vista and Windows 7. It said it can copy and
it can't.

> > Win7 does a much better job than WinXP. In WinXP (as I recall; it's been
> > years since I ran WinXP), a "burn" actually created a file on the HDD,
> > and it took one more step to transfer the video or data or other bits
> > from that cache file to the optical disk.

> > Even in Win7, there are several different ways to burn a disk. And apps
> > such as Windows Live Photo Gallery and Movie Maker add other ways to
> > burn disks. You would have a much better chance of getting a good answer
> > if you give us just a few more details. Since this NG is dedicated to
> > 64-bit Windows, you might also stand a better chance in a NG dedicated
> > to optical media.

> > RC

Kue2

This might help: