Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > search engine

search engine

bardeban

Currently my search engine is BING as default.
I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
engine?
TIA
Windows XP Pro SP3

Old Gringo38

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, bardeban wrote:

> Currently my search engine is BING as default.
> I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
> But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
> happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
> Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
> engine?
> TIA
> Windows XP Pro SP3

Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
issue.
--
11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

bardeban

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, "bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Currently my search engine is BING as default.
>>I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
>>But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
>>happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
>>Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
>>engine?

> May want to try googling how to change the default search engine for
> whatever web browser you're using.
> --
> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
> address.

I am using IE8 and tried every one of them where they are suggested, but
when CLICKING on google , NOTHING happens, like the tab that says "ad to IE"
is not responding.??!!

bardeban

"Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1lk98kezctopy$.4qjydwiuyfuq$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, bardeban wrote:
>
>> Currently my search engine is BING as default.
>> I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
>> But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
>> happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
>> Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
>> engine?
>> TIA
>> Windows XP Pro SP3

> Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
> Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
> issue.
> --
> 11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
> Just West Of Nowhere
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

I don't know how BING became the DEFAULT search engine, I just installed
fresh copy of XP on my laptop and when in internet on the top right hand
corner of screen, says BING in search box.
My browser is IE8

Old Gringo38

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:46:10 -0500, bardeban wrote:

> "Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1lk98kezctopy$.4qjydwiuyfuq$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, bardeban wrote:
>>
>>> Currently my search engine is BING as default.
>>> I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
>>> But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
>>> happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
>>> Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
>>> engine?
>>> TIA
>>> Windows XP Pro SP3

>> Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
>> Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
>> issue.
>> --
>> 11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
>> Just West Of Nowhere
>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

> I don't know how BING became the DEFAULT search engine, I just installed
> fresh copy of XP on my laptop and when in internet on the top right hand
> corner of screen, says BING in search box.
> My browser is IE8

The only way I have ever done this is using the drop down window and
selecting the choice there. Has always worked for me. If you have
some kind of 3rd party toolbar installed you may have to make the
change from there. If you are using a 3rd party version of IE8 that
could make a difference also, Like IE8 for MSN etc.
--
11/21/2010 4:55:47 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

bardeban

"bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:icc7hh$mis$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> "Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1lk98kezctopy$.4qjydwiuyfuq$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, bardeban wrote:
>>
>>> Currently my search engine is BING as default.
>>> I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
>>> But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
>>> happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
>>> Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
>>> engine?
>>> TIA
>>> Windows XP Pro SP3

>> Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
>> Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
>> issue.
>> --
>> 11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
>> Just West Of Nowhere
>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

> I don't know how BING became the DEFAULT search engine, I just installed
> fresh copy of XP on my laptop and when in internet on the top right hand
> corner of screen, says BING in search box.
> My browser is IE8

Reinstalled IE8 and in the option box I selected GOOGLE as my default search
engine.
BING is DEFAULT search engine when installing fresh copy of XP!

Old Gringo38

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:47:24 -0500, bardeban wrote:

> "bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:icc7hh$mis$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>

>> "Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:1lk98kezctopy$.4qjydwiuyfuq$(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>> Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
>>> Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
>>> issue.
>>> --
>>> 11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
>>> Just West Of Nowhere
>>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>>> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

>> I don't know how BING became the DEFAULT search engine, I just installed
>> fresh copy of XP on my laptop and when in internet on the top right hand
>> corner of screen, says BING in search box.
>> My browser is IE8

> Reinstalled IE8 and in the option box I selected GOOGLE as my default search
> engine.
> BING is DEFAULT search engine when installing fresh copy of XP!

Glad you got it. Happy Thanksgiving.
--
11/25/2010 6:48:34 PM CST