Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Logitech Bluetooth headset says I have wrong Bluetooth Stack

=?Utf-8?B?U3Byb3h0b24=?=

I have a new Logitech Mobile Freedom headset and have paired it successfully
with my IBM Thinkpad which has built-in Bluetooth. However, when I click on
'Properties' for the device, and look at the 'Services' tab, no services
appear for me to select from. Therefore, I cannot select the device as a
microphone or headset. The Logitech website suggests that if no checkboxes
appear under the 'Services' tab, then "your Bluetooth stack does not support
Bluetooth headsets". I am using Windows XP (the laptop is very new so would
be SP2).

Surely this is not the end of the matter. Can I download a new Bluetooth
stack (I don't even know what a stack is!) or am I stuck with the wrong one?
Have I wasted my money on the Logitech headset? It pairs and works fine with
a friend's Bluetooth mobile phone.

Many thanks anyone!

Sproxton

--