Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MS security essentials

MS security essentials

joevan

Seems to fine the same objects over and over. I check "clean the
computer" and within hours it finds the same ones and then says not
found because it already got rid of them days before.
Maybe if I uninstall it and reinstall it might fix the problem. Or
does anyone else have a solution.

philo

On 11/20/2010 10:57 AM, joevan wrote:
> Seems to fine the same objects over and over. I check "clean the
> computer" and within hours it finds the same ones and then says not
> found because it already got rid of them days before.
> Maybe if I uninstall it and reinstall it might fix the problem. Or
> does anyone else have a solution.

have you rebooted the machine?

joevan

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:53:51 -0600, philo <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 11/20/2010 10:57 AM, joevan wrote:
>> Seems to fine the same objects over and over. I check "clean the
>> computer" and within hours it finds the same ones and then says not
>> found because it already got rid of them days before.
>> Maybe if I uninstall it and reinstall it might fix the problem. Or
>> does anyone else have a solution.

>have you rebooted the machine?

Yes I shut down every night and it has happened the next day. I did a
disk cleanup a bit ago of temp files and haven't seen the problem
since. I will post what I find.

philo

On 11/20/2010 11:59 AM, joevan wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:53:51 -0600, philo<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/20/2010 10:57 AM, joevan wrote:
>>> Seems to fine the same objects over and over. I check "clean the
>>> computer" and within hours it finds the same ones and then says not
>>> found because it already got rid of them days before.
>>> Maybe if I uninstall it and reinstall it might fix the problem. Or
>>> does anyone else have a solution.

>> have you rebooted the machine?

> Yes I shut down every night and it has happened the next day. I did a
> disk cleanup a bit ago of temp files and haven't seen the problem
> since. I will post what I find.

Probably junk left in the temp files it looks like

joevan

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:20:48 -0600, philo <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 11/20/2010 11:59 AM, joevan wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:53:51 -0600, philo<(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> have you rebooted the machine?

>> Yes I shut down every night and it has happened the next day. I did a
>> disk cleanup a bit ago of temp files and haven't seen the problem
>> since. I will post what I find.

>Probably junk left in the temp files it looks like

No
and all it says is removed not found or remove not
found.
these are two names that keep coming up even though it says removed.
worm:32Silly_P2P.H
or Trojan:Win32/Sisron
A search for those names Win32 etc finds nothing.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

joevan wrote:

Subject: MS Security Essentials
> Seems to fine the same objects over and over. I check "clean the
> computer" and within hours it finds the same ones and then says not
> found because it already got rid of them days before. Maybe if I
> uninstall it and reinstall it might fix the problem. Or does anyone
> else have a solution.

Do you really trust a program written by the same people who wrote the
operating system that requires it? <g>

> worm:32Silly_P2P.H or Trojan:Win32/Sisron

Try installing/updating/running MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.

--
-bts

Dan C

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:57:23 -0500, joevan wrote:

> Seems to fine the same objects over and over. I check "clean the
> computer" and within hours it finds the same ones and then says not
> found because it already got rid of them days before. Maybe if I
> uninstall it and reinstall it might fix the problem. Or does anyone else
> have a solution.

Format your hard drive and install Slackware Linux.

No more virus worries.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found Piglet in bed with Eeyore.

n0i

On 11/20/2010 3:01 PM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
<snip>

> Try installing/updating/running MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.

I echo BTS's suggestion as there is a rogue program out there with
this name...iirc. Also MWBam seems to kick the binary ass of a lot of
these things anyway...

n0i