Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Retraining as a web developer

Retraining as a web developer

Old Gringo38

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:45:39 -0000, T wrote:

> I would like to learn web development from scratch to the point of passing a
> credible exam. I currently work in IT support. Can anyone recommend a self
> study guide and exam to aim for? I do appreciate that any exam passed may
> be of only limited help in the search for work.
>
> Thanks

Maybe this will help:
http://tinyurl.com/23feh73
--
11/21/2010 11:52:11 AM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

Mike Yetto

Big Steel <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>I am going to call Billy the Exterminator and have him clean out the
>home user cockroaches and vermin like you running around in
>24hoursupport.helpdesk.

>http://www.vexconinc.com/

>This NG has become worthless with old crap like you and several other
>pieces of old crap running around in it.

>Don't you old clowns have any life? You old clowns need to roll away
>from your computers in your wheelchairs and gurnies, roll out your
>houses and go do something. Hell, you can even call an ambience and
>take a trip --- go do something other than sit in front of your
>computers like old crows on the fence.

>It was a bad day for IT as a whole when they let home users start
>using computers.

I will take this as confirmation that you are only fourteen and
posting from your bedroom.

Mike "convince me otherwise" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Mike Yetto

Big Steel <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:53:34 -0500, Mike Yetto
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I will take this as confirmation that you are only fourteen and
>> posting from your bedroom.

>Do you think I truly care about what you think? You are nobody. You
>shouldn'n think that you are more than nobody.

No, sorry, this did not convince me otherwise.

Mike "tell him what he's won, Don Pardo" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Aardvark

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:33:53 -0600, DUH-ane wrote:

> SNIP CRAZY FROTH

N-n-n-n-nineteen.

> --
> posted by a Win-Droid

Very apt sig, DUH-ane. I like it.

no hace mucho tiempo que vivĂ*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, rocĂ*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Aardvark

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:29:32 -0600, DUH-ane wrote:

> SNIP CLAPTRAP

This always happens when you go meds-free for a while, DUH-ane.

N-n-n-n-nineteen.

no hace mucho tiempo que vivĂ*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, rocĂ*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Meat Plow

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:24:00 -0600, Big Steel wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 17:56:50 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> > There is a lot more to Web development than what you are talking

> about.
>> > And if the op doesn't know the basics in several areas in Web
>> > development, the op has very little to no chance in landing a Web
>> > development programming job.

>> You mean like your chances of landing an IT job with the DoD?

> Look up AKO/DKO stupid and find out what it means. There are many
> sub-networks on the DoD network. I have been on two if them developing
> .Net intranet and internet Web based solutions. I am the best there is
> there are none better. That's why I can go any where in the world and
> get a job using my .Net expertise.
>
> Also look up what a CAC card means stupid, because I have to use it to
> get on the base, I have to use another card with code to get through
> the door at the building I work in and I have to know the door code to
> get through the door where my cubicle is located.
>
> Then I login to my Vista .Net development machine that has access to
> zone-b, then I have to logon to my Win 7 machine using the CAC card and
> code to get on zone-a.
>
> I can use no USB device on either machine, because of the security
> issues the DoD had with USB devices. I can only burn DVD(s) if I have to
> transfer files between machines on the network. I am admin on the Vista
> machine due .Net development work.
>
> I am not admin on my Win 7 machine, as they don't trust developers in
> zone-a the production environment.
>
> If I leave the country like on vacation or whatever, I have to turn in
> an itinerary due to my top-secret security clearance.
>
> There is this little safe on all the desks with a pad-lock on it with a
> top-secret label on it. I have not asked about what's in the little
> safe. I don't want to know.

Nice rant. Good proof that I'm right.

Meat Plow

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:39:52 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

> Big Steel <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>>On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 17:30:15 -0500, Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>> If you really worked with classified information you would have been
>>> taught to keep your mouth shut about it. That would have been not
>>> only the first lesson, but repeated often.

>>None of it is classified that I am talking about. And you would know
>>this if you were working on the DoD network.

> <snip>
>
>>I got one eye on you now.

> I was vetted and trained a long time ago and I know what is classified.
> I also know what information is considered sensitive and alluding to
> classified information or procedures on a global scale certainly seems
> to violate the spirit of secrecy.
>
> If you're not completely full of yourself and just trying to look
> important than there are probably eyes on you *right now*.

Exactly. Spouting off about being a DoD jobber just to brag here is not
in the spirit of secrecy. If some of these posts were to be forwarded to
the DoD I'm sure they wouldn't be very happy with someone yappin about
it.

Java Developer - Web Services Developer Ann Java 0 09-06-2007 09:56 AM
atm0 going down every five minutes (DSL: Defect: LOS LOF LCDi: retraining) pjn Cisco 1 06-30-2006 10:16 AM
How many cert for windows developer, web developer etc =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?= MCSD 2 07-21-2005 03:54 AM
MVS Retraining Steve Schooler Java 1 01-16-2004 01:32 AM
Anyone good at debugging DSL problems? (DSL: Defect: LOS LOF LCDf: retraining) Richard Antony Burton Cisco 3 12-18-2003 04:30 PM

Advertisments