Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Why would the library-activated serviced components put more load on db?

Why would the library-activated serviced components put more load on db?

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbg==?=

I wasn't sure what would be the best ng to post it.

We have ASP.NET app that uses serviced component to perform all database writes and updates (there are separate components sitting on the web server to do reads)

Initially, serviced components and ASP.NET app were on two separated machines and components had server activation

Since there is a substantial overhead in running serviced compoents as server (dllhost, interop, marchaling, etc), I decided to run the components as library and put them to the web server

We maybe gained some speed, but the database blocking increased substantially, and I am trying to understand why is that

Maybe because when the components run with server activation COM+ serializes the calls and thus the blocking is less

Thanks

-Sta

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Stan,

Have you had a chance to check out the item provided in my last reply or
have you got any progresses on this issue? If you have any updates or new
findings, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security