Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Portrait Society

Portrait Society

philo

http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/

Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of art/photography

this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings

a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

Old Gringo38

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:43:10 -0600, philo wrote:

> http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/
>
> Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
> and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of art/photography
>
> this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings
>
> a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

Must have been fun, however not to drop any name, but Boyd Elder, and
Eugene Bender are my neighbors.
http://joenickp.blogspot.com/2007/11...of-eagles.html
http://eugenebinder.com/

--
11/19/2010 1:05:17 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

philo

On 11/19/2010 01:10 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:43:10 -0600, philo wrote:
>
>> http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/
>>
>> Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
>> and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of art/photography
>>
>> this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings
>>
>> a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

> Must have been fun, however not to drop any name, but Boyd Elder, and
> Eugene Bender are my neighbors.
> http://joenickp.blogspot.com/2007/11...of-eagles.html
> http://eugenebinder.com/

Excellent

as it turned out this Bernard Gilardi
only lived about 5 miles from me...
but he was not "discovered" until after his death

Old Gringo38

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:39:57 -0600, philo wrote:

> On 11/19/2010 01:10 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:43:10 -0600, philo wrote:
>>
>>> http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/
>>>
>>> Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
>>> and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of art/photography
>>>
>>> this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings
>>>
>>> a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

>> Must have been fun, however not to drop any name, but Boyd Elder, and
>> Eugene Bender are my neighbors.
>> http://joenickp.blogspot.com/2007/11...of-eagles.html
>> http://eugenebinder.com/
>>

> Excellent
>
> as it turned out this Bernard Gilardi
> only lived about 5 miles from me...
> but he was not "discovered" until after his death

funny how that happens to some.
--
11/19/2010 3:15:17 PM CST

On 11/19/2010 03:15 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:39:57 -0600, philo wrote:

>>> Must have been fun, however not to drop any name, but Boyd Elder, and
>>> Eugene Bender are my neighbors.
>>> http://joenickp.blogspot.com/2007/11...of-eagles.html
>>> http://eugenebinder.com/
>>>

>> Excellent
>>
>> as it turned out this Bernard Gilardi
>> only lived about 5 miles from me...
>> but he was not "discovered" until after his death

> funny how that happens to some.

I think it may be the find of the century

dadiOH

philo wrote:
> http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/
>

> Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
> and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of
> art/photography
> this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings
>
> a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

Ummm...the two Lincolns? To make a tryptic with your Lincoln in Dali vision

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

richard

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:43:10 -0600, philo wrote:

> http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/
>

> Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
> and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of art/photography
>
> this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings
>
> a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

All I gotta say is, art is defined by the person viewing it.
Like da man once said, "I may not know how to define it, but I know it when
I see it".

A cousin of mine has a very talented and gifted daughter who does fantastic
art work that would make this stuff seem like 2nd grade fingerpainting.

richard

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:10:56 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:43:10 -0600, philo wrote:
>
>> http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/
>>
>> Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
>> and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of art/photography
>>
>> this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings
>>
>> a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

> Must have been fun, however not to drop any name, but Boyd Elder, and
> Eugene Bender are my neighbors.
> http://joenickp.blogspot.com/2007/11...of-eagles.html
> http://eugenebinder.com/

So that's where you live is it. When I was with CRE on their Pilgrim's
Pride dedicated fleet I got into that area a few times.

philo

On 11/20/2010 06:26 AM, dadiOH wrote:
> philo wrote:
>> http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/
>>

>> Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
>> and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of
>> art/photography
>> this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings
>>
>> a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

> Ummm...the two Lincolns? To make a tryptic with your Lincoln in Dali vision

The Lincolns sold soon after she opened to doors.
I very well might have purchased one, but they were already taken

I wanted the one called "half-turkey"

My wife wanted the one called "benign growth"

so we ended up getting the one she wanted...
but a few days later we talked if over and decided to get the other one too.

Though we bought the art strictly because we liked it...
we both realized that it was also a good investment.

The gallery sold about 35 pieces in the first three weeks...
not only does that *not* happen in Milwaukee, it does not happen anywhere.

Though they were all priced between $800 and $2600 ,
if they sold that fast...we figured they were under-priced.

fFWIW: We've "re-named" "half-turkey" to

"do the funky chicken"!

philo

On 11/21/2010 01:56 AM, richard wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:43:10 -0600, philo wrote:
>
>> http://portraitsocietyexhibitions.wo...gilardi-essay/
>>

>> Even though my wife is an artist and I'm a photographer
>> and our walls are literally filled with over 150 pieces of art/photography
>>
>> this show was so amazing we had to buy two of the paintings
>>
>> a big prize to anyone who can guess the two we bought

> All I gotta say is, art is defined by the person viewing it.
> Like da man once said, "I may not know how to define it, but I know it when
> I see it".
>
> A cousin of mine has a very talented and gifted daughter who does fantastic
> art work that would make this stuff seem like 2nd grade fingerpainting.

I don't believe that for one second,
you will need to substantiate what you've just said
by posting at least one example