Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Portrait Society

Portrait Society

Aardvark

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:27:52 -0600, philo wrote:

> As to Grandma Moses, I never cared for her stuff at all... but pleny of
> folks obviously love her work.

Just checked out a few of her works. Except for his matchstick figures, I
find them reminiscent of the efforts of L.S. Lowry.

no hace mucho tiempo que vivĂ*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, rocĂ*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

philo

On 11/21/2010 10:17 AM, The Old Sourdough wrote:
> philo mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> All I gotta say is, art is defined by the person viewing it.
>>> Like da man once said, "I may not know how to define it, but I know it when
>>> I see it".
>>>
>>> A cousin of mine has a very talented and gifted daughter who does fantastic
>>> art work that would make this stuff seem like 2nd grade fingerpainting.

>> I don't believe that for one second,
>> you will need to substantiate what you've just said
>> by posting at least one example

> St00pid never got out of second grade, which is why
> he's so familiar with second grade fingerpainting.

Well

he's going to have to show me what his cousin can do
before I'll beleive him

philo

On 11/21/2010 10:37 AM, Aardvark wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:27:52 -0600, philo wrote:
>
>> As to Grandma Moses, I never cared for her stuff at all... but pleny of
>> folks obviously love her work.

> Just checked out a few of her works. Except for his matchstick figures, I
> find them reminiscent of the efforts of L.S. Lowry.

It's not at all my kind of work...
but I think it's great that she picked up her career late in life.

It's good to be older and still look forward to things...
rather than to look back to your best years