Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE7 Stopped Showing Parts Of Pages

IE7 Stopped Showing Parts Of Pages

jeff_wisnia

The IE7 on my WinXP machine suddenly stopped showing some parts of web
pages it previously showed OK. They are now just rectangular outlines
with that little red "x" symbol in them I've long associated with
unfindable image files.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/screen.jpg

The URL for that page is:

http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html

And it displays fine on the ancient Netscape 7.2 I still have in my
computer.

I'm somewhat sure this began happening after I agreed to an update of
Adobe Shockwave, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.

What do I need to do to get IE7 back to normal?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

jeff_wisnia

jeff_wisnia wrote:

> The IE7 on my WinXP machine suddenly stopped showing some parts of web
> pages it previously showed OK. They are now just rectangular outlines
> with that little red "x" symbol in them I've long associated with
> unfindable image files.
>
> Here's a screenshot of what I mean:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/screen.jpg
>
> The URL for that page is:
>
> http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html
>
> And it displays fine on the ancient Netscape 7.2 I still have in my
> computer.
>
> I'm somewhat sure this began happening after I agreed to an update of
> Adobe Shockwave, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.
>
> What do I need to do to get IE7 back to normal?
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> Jeff

After I thought I remembered it may have happened after a Shockwave
Flash update I looked in "Tools/Manage Add-ons" and saw that "Shockwave
Flash Object" showed up as "disabled". I changed that to "enabled" and
alls well again.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

richard

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:09:02 -0500, jeff_wisnia wrote:

> The IE7 on my WinXP machine suddenly stopped showing some parts of web
> pages it previously showed OK. They are now just rectangular outlines
> with that little red "x" symbol in them I've long associated with
> unfindable image files.
>
> Here's a screenshot of what I mean:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/screen.jpg
>
> The URL for that page is:
>
> http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html
>
> And it displays fine on the ancient Netscape 7.2 I still have in my
> computer.
>
> I'm somewhat sure this began happening after I agreed to an update of
> Adobe Shockwave, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.
>
> What do I need to do to get IE7 back to normal?
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> Jeff

Definitely a problem with flash as that is what is being used to display
the images. Try reinstalling flash again.

Meat Plow

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:09:02 -0500, jeff_wisnia wrote:

> The IE7 on my WinXP machine suddenly stopped showing some parts of web
> pages it previously showed OK. They are now just rectangular outlines
> with that little red "x" symbol in them I've long associated with
> unfindable image files.
>
> Here's a screenshot of what I mean:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/screen.jpg
>
> The URL for that page is:
>
> http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html
>
> And it displays fine on the ancient Netscape 7.2 I still have in my
> computer.
>
> I'm somewhat sure this began happening after I agreed to an update of
> Adobe Shockwave, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.
>
> What do I need to do to get IE7 back to normal?
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> Jeff

Try running the update again. If you can't or it doesn't fix it use
System Restore and chose a restore point just before you ran the flash
update.

Hot-Text

is it just that Site or all the WEB?
if it just the one site, Call or E-mail the Webmaster and tell hem the
problem!

"jeff_wisnia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ic4891$mke$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> The IE7 on my WinXP machine suddenly stopped showing some parts of web
> pages it previously showed OK. They are now just rectangular outlines with
> that little red "x" symbol in them I've long associated with unfindable
> image files.
>
> Here's a screenshot of what I mean:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/screen.jpg
>
> The URL for that page is:
>
> http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html
>
> And it displays fine on the ancient Netscape 7.2 I still have in my
> computer.
>
> I'm somewhat sure this began happening after I agreed to an update of
> Adobe Shockwave, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.
>
> What do I need to do to get IE7 back to normal?
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> Jeffry Wisnia
> (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
> The speed of light is 1.8*10e12 furlongs per fortnight.

Zu Arsschlaark!

"jeff_wisnia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ic49h5$rtj$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> jeff_wisnia wrote:
>>
>> The IE7 on my WinXP machine suddenly stopped showing some parts of web pages it previously showed OK. They
>> are now just rectangular outlines with that little red "x" symbol in them I've long associated with
>> unfindable image files.
>>
>> Here's a screenshot of what I mean:
>>
>> http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/screen.jpg
>>
>> The URL for that page is:
>>
>> http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html
>>
>> And it displays fine on the ancient Netscape 7.2 I still have in my computer.
>>
>> I'm somewhat sure this began happening after I agreed to an update of Adobe Shockwave, but perhaps I'm wrong
>> about that.
>>
>> What do I need to do to get IE7 back to normal?
>>
>> Thanks guys,
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> After I thought I remembered it may have happened after a Shockwave Flash update I looked in "Tools/Manage
> Add-ons" and saw that "Shockwave Flash Object" showed up as "disabled". I changed that to "enabled" and alls
> well again.
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> Jeffry Wisnia
> (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
> The speed of light is 1.8*10e12 furlongs per fortnight.

garfield rocks