Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cracking a windows XP password

cracking a windows XP password

don

What is the best way to recover from a forgotten password on a Win XP
system.
I was thinking maybe booting into Windows Recovery mode from my WIN CD....
but not sure what next???

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

don multi-posted:

> What is the best way to recover from a forgotten password on a Win XP
> system.

a) it's your girlfriend's first name
b) it's your dog's name
c) your birthday
d) "password"

Depending on your relationship, a and b may be reversed...

> I was thinking maybe booting into Windows Recovery mode from my WIN
> CD.... but not sure what next???

Only if you choose Format.

Did you post to any Windows newsgroups?

--
-bts

Dan C

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:03:35 -0500, don wrote:

> What is the best way to recover from a forgotten password on a Win XP
> system.
> I was thinking maybe booting into Windows Recovery mode from my WIN
> CD.... but not sure what next???

Next is format your hard drive, and reinstall Winduhs.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his pit crew eating ice cream.

VanguardLH

don wrote:

> What is the best way to recover from a forgotten password on a Win XP
> system.
> I was thinking maybe booting into Windows Recovery mode from my WIN CD....
> but not sure what next???

Recovery Console mode will ask you for the password for the
Administrator account. If you left it blank (the default) then you
don't need to use Recovery Console mode. Just login as "Administrator"
and leave the password blank.

nut

On 17/11/2010 23:03, don wrote:
> What is the best way to recover from a forgotten password on a Win XP
> system.
> I was thinking maybe booting into Windows Recovery mode from my WIN CD....
> but not sure what next???

Try CTRL ALT DEL twice on the welcome screen, it should take you to
admin login... if the password is blank you can take ownership of the
lost account from there.

Bucky Breeder

don <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:ic1n03$50c$(E-Mail Removed):

> What is the best way to recover from a forgotten password
> on a Win XP system.
> I was thinking maybe booting into Windows Recovery mode
> from my WIN CD.... but not sure what next???

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso...ssrecovery.htm

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I can not
even hear the retards, perverts and stalkers over

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
an-nnnn-duh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

Peter Foldes

"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ic1n03$50c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the best way to recover from a forgotten password on a Win XP
> system.

> I was thinking maybe booting into Windows Recovery mode from my WIN CD....
> but not sure what next???

Ask the person that set the Password

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Meat Plow

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:10:58 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> Next is format your hard drive

As sure as the sun will rise in the east dan will post his pedantic
drivel.

Raymond Schmit

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:56:16 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ic1n03$50c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is the best way to recover from a forgotten password on a Win XP
>> system.

>> I was thinking maybe booting into Windows Recovery mode from my WIN CD....
>> but not sure what next???

>Ask the person that set the Password

He told you ...."best way to recover from a FORGOTTEN password"

don

> He told you ...."best way to recover from a FORGOTTEN password"

Thank-you, I don't know why people are so quick to jump on a post and
make stupid comments??????