Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Phantom fault report

Phantom fault report

Mike The Brewer

I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is unplugged"
followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected" this does not
affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections and tried a new
cable with same result.
This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router.
XP SP3, integral network port on mobo.
Any ideas anyone ?

Meat Plow

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:

> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
> unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected"
> this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections
> and tried a new cable with same result.
> This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3,
> integral network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

Switch cables.

Dan C

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:

> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
> unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected"
> this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections
> and tried a new cable with same result.
> This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3,
> integral network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

A clear indicator of a hard drive in need of formatting.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he dropped the razor on his gonads.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:07:37 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:
>
>> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
>> unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now
>> connected" this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my
>> connections and tried a new cable with same result. This does not
>> happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3, integral
>> network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

> A clear indicator of[SLAP]

Of your slavery to be one of the most un-witty persons to ever crawl on
the face of the earth.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Meat Plow wrote:

> Mike The Brewer wrote:
>> .. and tried a new cable with same result.

> Switch cables.

To ... what?

--
-bts
-Could. Not. Resist.

joevan

On 17 Nov 2010 21:07:37 GMT, Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:
>
>> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
>> unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected"
>> this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections
>> and tried a new cable with same result.
>> This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3,
>> integral network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

>A clear indicator of a hard drive in need of formatting.

And you, a clear indicator of a nitwit trying to screw up peoples
computers. I thought you went away. I guess it was wishful thinking.

Dan C

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:26:57 -0500, joevan wrote:

> On 17 Nov 2010 21:07:37 GMT, Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:
>>
>>> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
>>> unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now
>>> connected" this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my
>>> connections and tried a new cable with same result. This does not
>>> happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3, integral
>>> network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

>>A clear indicator of a hard drive in need of formatting.

> And you, a clear indicator of a nitwit trying to screw up peoples
> computers. I thought you went away. I guess it was wishful thinking.

Quit trying to "think", dimmy. You're not equipped to do things like
that, and you might hurt yourself.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his pit crew eating ice cream.

VanguardLH

Mike The Brewer wrote:

> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is unplugged"
> followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected" this does not
> affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections and tried a new
> cable with same result.
> This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router.
> XP SP3, integral network port on mobo.
> Any ideas anyone ?

How many NICs are defined? Control Panel -> Network Connections.

G. Morgan

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> Mike The Brewer wrote:
>>> .. and tried a new cable with same result.

>> Switch cables.

>To ... what?

red ones

Dan C

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:02:45 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> Mike The Brewer wrote:
>>> .. and tried a new cable with same result.

>> Switch cables.

> To ... what?

ROFL! Another example of the complete cluelessness of The Meat Plod.

SPANKED again in public!

"Bother!" said Pooh, as his rectum exploded.

Antec Phantom 500 Power Supply Review at XYZ Computing Silverstrand Front Page News 0 08-23-2005 01:29 AM
Can't get rid of phantom route. Bryan McClendon Cisco 5 09-13-2004 09:55 PM
Stack fault and page fault help S.Flournoy Computer Support 2 04-17-2004 04:23 PM
Phantom ports Mark Bryant Cisco 1 04-14-2004 07:10 PM
Phantom space and resize problem. Rod Billett ASP .Net 0 10-24-2003 08:35 PM

Advertisments