Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Kitty declares territorial rights!

Kitty declares territorial rights!

richard

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2

A case of "David versus Goliath".
What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no fears
what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

Old Gringo38

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:41:19 -0600, philo wrote:

> "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2
>>
>> A case of "David versus Goliath".
>> What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no fears
>> what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

> Had the 'gator been hungry
> the cat would have been gone in about one second or less

I was kind of puzzled by the Gator's showing no aggression at all,
but more of a sense of curiosity.
--
11/16/2010 5:53:49 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

philo

"Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:41:19 -0600, philo wrote:
>
>> "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2
>>>
>>> A case of "David versus Goliath".
>>> What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no
>>> fears
>>> what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

>> Had the 'gator been hungry
>> the cat would have been gone in about one second or less

> I was kind of puzzled by the Gator's showing no aggression at all,
> but more of a sense of curiosity.

Simply a matter of hunger...

Old Gringo38

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:05:12 -0600, philo wrote:

> "Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:41:19 -0600, philo wrote:
>>
>>> "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Had the 'gator been hungry
>>> the cat would have been gone in about one second or less

>> I was kind of puzzled by the Gator's showing no aggression at all,
>> but more of a sense of curiosity.

> Simply a matter of hunger...

That must be the case

--
11/16/2010 6:08:33 PM CST

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:05:20 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:16:21 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2
>>
>>A case of "David versus Goliath".
>>What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no fears
>>what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

> A case of richard not putting 2 and 2 together.
>
> There's a kid standing right there. And no adult yelling at the kid to
> get away.
>
> So we can presume this may be a alligator farm or something similar.
>
> The alligators weren't hungry, otherwise they'd have the cat for
> breakfast.

Just have to mouth off don't ya?
'Gator farms usually don't allow pontoon boats in their facility.
But being the dumbass you are, you are not aware that gators live in the
wild in the florida. They've been known to be in numerous neighborhoods far
from any gator farm.

WhoMe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:05:20 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:16:21 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2
>>>
>>>A case of "David versus Goliath".
>>>What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no fears
>>>what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

>> A case of richard not putting 2 and 2 together.
>>
>> There's a kid standing right there. And no adult yelling at the kid to
>> get away.
>>
>> So we can presume this may be a alligator farm or something similar.
>>
>> The alligators weren't hungry, otherwise they'd have the cat for
>> breakfast.

> Just have to mouth off don't ya?
> 'Gator farms usually don't allow pontoon boats in their facility.
> But being the dumbass you are, you are not aware that gators live in the
> wild in the florida. They've been known to be in numerous neighborhoods
> far
> from any gator farm.

It's a tourist boat service that takes people into the Louisiana marshes to
observe gators and other wild life. The people that run that show (and I
know a number of them personally) AND their kids know how to read gators.

And you're right the gators are obviously acclimated to the situation and
very likely well fed (that's how they get the gators to perform for the
rubes) because the cat would have been gone faster than the time between
frames in the camera. (gators eat their young and each other given half a
chance)

joevan

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:05:12 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:41:19 -0600, philo wrote:
>>
>>> "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Had the 'gator been hungry
>>> the cat would have been gone in about one second or less

>> I was kind of puzzled by the Gator's showing no aggression at all,
>> but more of a sense of curiosity.

>Simply a matter of hunger...

Gator was full from eating her kittens and the family dog. That is
what puzzles me unless she was friendly with the dog too.

Male Kitty Plato Computer Support 106 07-31-2006 12:02 PM
OT: Name for waiters' tip jar/kitty Smirnoff Computer Support 1 07-28-2006 02:57 PM
OT: Name for waiters' tip jar/kitty Smirnoff Computer Support 12 07-28-2006 08:28 AM
Re: Here kitty, kitty, kitty, Poosy Woosy <BFG> =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?= Digital Photography 6 08-03-2004 10:50 AM
<FORM METHOD="post" onSubmit="return fieldcheck()" name="orientation" action="http://ws-kitty.BU.edu/AT/survey/orientation/script/write.asp" language="JavaScript"> Joeyej ASP .Net 0 06-04-2004 07:55 PM

Advertisments