Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Head of armed forces says we are not good enough

Head of armed forces says we are not good enough

Aardvark

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:52:17 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

> really weird blue box.

That, my dear chap, is, as it says on a brass plaque on its door, a
Police Box. In days gone by, before police had vehicles and radios, they
were used to temporarily detain people who had been arrested- like a
little mini-jail cell, until the Black Maria came around to take them to
the local Bridewell. It seems that they're still in use in some places
(they were once ubiquitous in British cities) although the only time I
ever actually saw one (more than one, actually) was in Sauchihall Street
in Glasgow in the early seventies.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_box>

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_van#Black_Maria>

<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bridewell>

FYI
HTH
HAND

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Mike Yetto

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:52:17 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

>> really weird blue box.

>That, my dear chap, is, as it says on a brass plaque on its door, a
>Police Box.

It does look like one, but is a Police Box normally larger on the
inside than the outside?

Mike "not to mention the swimming pool" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Aardvark

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:59:15 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

> Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>>On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:52:17 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

>>> really weird blue box.

>>That, my dear chap, is, as it says on a brass plaque on its door, a
>>Police Box.

> It does look like one, but is a Police Box normally larger on the inside
> than the outside?

I'm unable to answer that question, never having been in one

> Mike "not to mention the swimming pool" Yetto

Beam me up, Scotty:

<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ce-time-cloak-
allow-history-edited-people-reappear.html>

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

StevieO

Have you served, boy?

Nope, did not think so.

Too much of a mommy boy.

"nhwf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ic0t75$5ej$(E-Mail Removed)...

Peeassha

"StevieO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ic6883$hll$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Have you served, boy?
>
> Nope, did not think so.
>
> Too much of a mommy boy.
>

> "nhwf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ic0t75$5ej$(E-Mail Removed)...

Is that you Steve?

StevieO

Face it boy, you are a punk ass PUSSY.

If your mum will allow it you should move to the UK
and live with boaterdave.

There are still Enron shills there for you to pal around with.

One or two are well tanned.

"nhwf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) ...