Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Reading input from a serial port on an xp machine

Reading input from a serial port on an xp machine

blackmonk blackmonk is offline
Junior Member

Guys I need help reading input from a serial port in java.
I'm still a newbie and am trying to get input from a weight scale thats connected to my computer. Please help. I have imported both javax.comm and java.awt.*; to output whatever input i'm getting to the GUI.

Any help would be appreciated. I develop in Netbeans 6.8.
the code i got from somewhere elso only displays the gui and doesn't list any ports available or read input from the scale. PLS HEEEEEEEEELP