Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Wish to learn HTML

Re: Wish to learn HTML

Helpful person

On Nov 15, 9:22*am, Frederick Williams <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I wish to learn HTML and would welcome suggestions of books to read, and
> editors and browsers to employ.
>
> TIA

I'm a beginner and fairly recently started learning HTML / CSS. The
book I would recommend is:
"Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML"
It is a bit verbose for my liking but is excellent for getting you
going.

Another resource that can be used for a quick lookup reference is
www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp . I know a lot of people on this
web site don't like it but I found it an excellent reference. Just
don't taker it as gospel. (Not that the gospels are necessarily
correct.)

Once you start to get proficient the absolute standard is www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/

These references, along with wonderful help from people on this users
group, got me going nicely.

Just one small bit of advice. It's well worth the effort to try and
use good programing practices from the beginning. It will take longer
to get going but will pay off in the long run.

www.richardfisher.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Helpful person wrote:

> Another resource that can be used for a quick lookup reference is
> www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Too many errors to be worthy.

> I know a lot of people on this web site

This is a Usenet newsgroup, not a web site. If you'd set up a newsreader
instead of using Google Groups, more people would see your posts as many
filter everything from GG due to all the spam. ^1

> don't like it but I found it an excellent reference.

Maybe occasionally.

^1. I just happened to see your post because I looked at "show unread in
thread-view."

-bts

Re: Wish to learn HTML Jeremy J Starcher HTML 3 11-18-2010 01:28 AM
Re: Wish to learn HTML richard HTML 2 11-17-2010 04:28 PM
Re: Wish to learn HTML Richard Wakeford HTML 0 11-15-2010 10:28 PM
Re: Wish to learn HTML Beauregard T. Shagnasty HTML 0 11-15-2010 07:52 PM
Wish to retire early, wish to work 1-2 hrs a day, you CAN if you spend 3 minutes to visit Lucky man DVD Video 0 08-07-2005 04:14 PM

Advertisments