Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: what your thoughts on these andriod epads/apads

Re: what your thoughts on these andriod epads/apads

Meat Plow

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 23:25:44 +0000, Information wrote:

> Keep seeing these things advertised for £80 to £140 look pretty similiar
> to ipad !
>
> seem decent enough for internet surfing ???? but are they ?????
>
> cant find any that take a sim card ? for tru mobilty
>
> are thi like netbooks , pretty much a waste of cash ?/
>
> imagine so
>
> advise appeciated , bearing in mind these things are likely aimed at
> just email and internet surfers

First of all a netbook isn't a waste of cash. I use mine all the time.
And I own a DROID - X. Surfs the web effortlessly. Don't care about sim
cards, my provider only does CDMA anyways and I'm not a world traveler.

I use the X also for pictures and videos. Email and messaging is
effortless also. £90 is about what I paid for the X, well worth it.

Don't need a pad device with the netbook and a 3/4G USB dongle.