Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Fixing PDF EOF Errors with PyPDF

Re: Fixing PDF EOF Errors with PyPDF

Dennis Lee Bieber

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:30:38 -0800, Brett Bowman <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Which appears to successfully append all of the files, as the exception is
> never triggered and "Fixed" always returned,
> but subsequent attempts to open the files all failed. Yet all of those
> files can be open successfully with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
> Is this code inorrect or is there some other way to correct this error? Or
> does the code depend on the system?
> (I'm using Windows XP, but I believe the author was using a *nix)

I'd suggest opening the files in a plain text editor and studying
the PDF markup to see if there is some obvious inconsistency...

And maybe try "\r%%EOF\r" just in case PDF wants those markers on
fresh lines.

A random PDF on my system ends with (using <cr> to represent
carriage return):
-=-=-=-=-=-
startxref<cr>
386554<cr>
%%EOF<cr>
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN

PDF/A with pyPDF Rep. Software - GMG Sistemi Srl Python 0 01-23-2013 04:42 PM
PyPDF Processing Errors (ValueError: invalid literal for int() with blivori Python 0 08-08-2011 10:23 AM
Errors with PyPdf flebber Python 9 09-27-2010 02:19 PM
File IO errors with PyPDF John Henry Python 0 03-09-2007 11:59 PM
Saw a possibly interesting Python PDF library - pyPDF vasudevram Python 0 12-24-2006 03:37 PM

Advertisments