Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Emachine T1100 Bios Problem

Emachine T1100 Bios Problem

curtisjg65 curtisjg65 is offline
Junior Member

I have an Emachine T1100 Which a friend gave me. He did a low level format so the hard disk was wiped clean. I have a Windows 98 setup disk as well as a Windows XP home Edition Setup disk. I thought my best bet was to install the Windows 98 Setup first then upgrade from there. After about three quarters of the Windows Xp home edition setup a screen suddenly popped up stating that my bios was not ACPI compatible. It also stated if I press F7 at the Emachine log screen it would take me to the text mode where I could disable the ACPI. Rebooted my system and at the logo screen pressed F7 numerous times.
The only screen that came up was one saying to continue setup press enter, to end setup press F3 and to install a new os press F10. I pressed enter and again pressed F7 to no avail. This time the screen that said my bios was not fully ACPI came up.
How do I get to the text mode screen or the bios to delete or change the ACPI?

My system specs are below if needed.

Specifications
CPU : Intel® Celeron® Processor 1GHz (w/128KB)
Operating System : Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Chipset : Intel® 810 chipset, 100MHz FSB
Memory : 128MB SDRAM
Hard Drive : 20GB HDD
Optical Drive : 12x Max. Write CD-RW Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
Video : Intel® DirectAGP 3D (810 shared)
Sound : Intel® 82801 AC '97 Audio
Modem : 56K ITU v.92-ready PCI internal Fax/Modem
Peripherals : Keyboard, Mouse, Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other : 2 USB ports (1 on front bezel), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio In & Out, 1
Midi/Game on front bezel, Mic-In & Head Phone jack on front