Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates inScotland

Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates inScotland

Meat Plow

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:15:22 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> via
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> Hello PeeWee.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGWbzUM-y8

> I actually looked up the availabilty and prices for the PeeWee Broadway
> show... $227 for premium seats on a Saturday. Have a date with a
> stewardess over there, if I want to... hmm... TMI.

> Yeah, but it took you a couple of times...
>
> HTH.

Yes it helps. Helps illustrate your mental health problems.

Bucky Breeder

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> just went 'lamest', frothing thusly:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:15:22 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> via
>> news(E-Mail Removed):
>>>
>>> Hello PeeWee.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGWbzUM-y8

>> I actually looked up the availabilty and prices for the PeeWee Broadway
>> show... $227 for premium seats on a Saturday. Have a date with a
>> stewardess over there, if I want to... hmm... TMI.

>> Yeah, but it took you a couple of times...
>>
>> HTH.

> Yes it helps. Helps illustrate your mental health problems.

You must have mental health problems.
(and unhealthy ideations about flat-screens too)

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
an-nnnn-dh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

Bucky Breeder

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:

> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 02:02:01 +0000, tigger wrote:
>
>> Now having said that, they are in prison, so should they suffer further
>> punishment? I think to further punish them inside is pointless and
>> counter productive. The idea is rehabilitation, after all, is it not?
>> (or do you want them re-entering society as dangerous as when they went
>> in?)

> Rehabilitation isn't the prime reason for incarceration in the US, as is
> the case in civilised countries. The US system is more geared toward
> vengeful punishment than merciful justice.

I believe that statistics have shown [or will show] that considerably fewer
people in orange jump-suits, with the big "DoC" (Department of Corrections)
letters spray-painted on the backs and fronts, commit crimes like robbing
convenience stores and beating their wives and buying/selling crack to kids
on our street-corners. In this way teh US Prisons Systems am superior to
many of the so-called "developed countries". To my way of thinking about
things that really matter, a "developed country" should have really big,
firm, natural boobies. Also, just the thought of having to wear one of
those orange jumpsuits 24/7 is a significant deterrent to people
considering killing their landlords, or crimes where the benefit might be
free rent until they get caught. Especially discerning readers of GQ,
Esquire, Valet and Details, etc... I mean, just thinking about it is quite
the deterrent! What if next year's color is brown or tan? And there you
are stuck in orange - just because you had a momentary lapse of reason and
beheaded your landlord because he wouldn't fix the plumbing or he kept
harassing you for the overdue rent! <Shudders>

It certainly makes me feel safer when my team of lawyers are evicting these
deadbeat people who are too lazy to go out and find a job just because
their retirement plans are broke after the stock market crashes. I also
think that old people might be allergic to orange clothes. This could be
why fewer old people commit violent crimes than the younger folks. So,
it's my mom and dad either pay-up, pay-on-time, or it's out in the street!
And whereas they don't like the orange color that much, I don't have to
worry about getting killed or poisoned and *they* just pay-up on time.

Now, they don't have quite those issues in UK, mostly because the Queen is
the primary landowner and landlord over there; and whereas she is closely
guarded by ninja-type security teams and helicopters at all times, she
doesn't really have to worry about things like that which we do over here.

While it may be a little more expensive to dress our criminals up in the
orange jump-suits than putting snipers on all the buildings with a view to
the Queen, over here in America we have other things to worry about too,
like our president has a staff of people who might be in danger as well.

While our prisons may shop eBay for the cathode-ray TVs out of an abundance
of political correctitudeness, the Europeans will buy the much cheaper and
more-available LCD flat-screens to try to rehabiltate their criminals back
to the streets and start paying the Queen's rents again. It's a win-win
for over there.

Meat Plow wants to give our prisoners home-baked upside-down-cakes with
files hidden in them, and make them rehabilitate the old-fashioned way...
by stabbing a guard, kidnapping the warden's daughther and running off in
the woods like D.B. Cooper. It's the American way! And God bless America.
And God bless our troops. And terrorism is bad for little kids. And by-
the-by, you don't see that many terrorists loose on the streets dressed in
orange jumpsuits either, do you? Enuf said!

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
an-nnnn-dh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

Aardvark

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:04:07 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

> Some people running for state office in Arizona had/have ties to
> private prisons.

And people don't realise that there just *might* be a conflict of
interest going on somewhere?

Why are USA-ans so ****ing sto0pid and acceptable of vested interest????

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'