Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates inScotland

Taxpayer to buy 1,600 flat-screen TVs a year for prison inmates inScotland

Aardvark

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:00:02 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:43:58 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
>>
>>> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news...r-to-buy-1600-

>> flatscreen.6624452.jp>
>>>
>>> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

>> In the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, the human dignity of
>> prisoners isn't abused- no bright orange jumpsuits, no shackles.
>> They're sent to prison *as* punishment, not *for* punishment.

> If you are being incarcerated as punishment it is to punish you for your
> crimes. So your as/for description doesn't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense.

>> Just the way it is, mate. I'd sooner have it this way.

> I see. So a criminal kills your whole family. Gets his/her sentence
> reduced to life in prison, no parole.

The sentence for murder *is* life imprisonment.

> And you give him a nice flat
> screen to watch, decent clothing and treat him fairly with dignity?

Of course.

> What
> about the dignity and what was fair for your family?

Life in prison is fair.

> I usually regard
> you as a reasonable person but you're not making sense.

Perfect sense from where I'm sitting.

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Aardvark

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:28:35 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

> On 2010-11-13, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:43:58 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:39:18 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

> [...]
>
>> I see. So a criminal kills your whole family. Gets his/her sentence
>> reduced to life in prison, no parole. And you give him a nice flat
>> screen to watch, decent clothing and treat him fairly with dignity?
>> What about the dignity and what was fair for your family? I usually
>> regard you as a reasonable person but you're not making sense.

> How does being cruel to prisoners have any effect on the results of
> murder?

It's the American way, mate.

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 02:02:01 +0000, tigger wrote:

> Now having said that, they are in prison, so should they suffer further
> punishment? I think to further punish them inside is pointless and
> counter productive. The idea is rehabilitation, after all, is it not?
> (or do you want them re-entering society as dangerous as when they went
> in?)

Rehabilitation isn't the prime reason for incarceration in the US, as is
the case in civilised countries. The US system is more geared toward
vengeful punishment than merciful justice.

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Bucky Breeder

Meat Plow <irony-tard@luzers'.s0ckfarm.nut-caz>
snot-bubbled up and froth-whined about this upgrade
via Snuhtard's mommie's computer and ISP with this
news(E-Mail Removed):

> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news
> /Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>
>
> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

Would you rather give 'em RPGs, you dumbass?

You can't give 'em pencils, or else they'd just be
stabbing each other all the time and the medical
expenses would go way up for all the taxpayers.

Of course, cheap pistols would help thin-out the
particularly prone to violence populations... Hmmm...
Tea Party Platform Conference on teh FauxNews coming up.

HTH.

Actually, here's a tip for those Scots [and EVERYBODY]
which could save some catastropic expenditure subsequent
to imminent momentary losses of reason indigenous to
the subject evironment; but also if you have kids; or
get to drinking and are inclined to throw your coffee
at the officials during football games :

http://www.tvscreenprotector.com/

There's not a similar product anywhere else. I got one
for my 52-inch, and I really like it because it also keeps
the screen from getting terribly dusty after extensive
operation. I had to pay shipping on mine though. It's
pretty extensively packaged. Two-boxed, wrapped in lots
of bubble-wrap and dispatched via FedEx. I'm still happy
with it; even though they have the free shipping special
now. Hey-hey... a leetle sump-in--sump-in for the decerning
readers out there in usernets-land...

DISCLAIMERS :

I don't think this is "spam" because I don't have any investment
or interest in their business. It's just a jolly-good idea to
share with the peeples.

Happy Mindless Pagan Commercial Shopping Season - from me!

(Sorry, they don't have them over the 52-inch size yet.)

HTH2

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
ah... ahh... and... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

Meat Plow

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:11:07 +0000, Bucky Breeder wrote:

> Meat Plow <irony-tard@luzers'.s0ckfarm.nut-caz> snot-bubbled up and
> froth-whined about this upgrade via Snuhtard's mommie's computer and ISP
> with this news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news
>> /Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>
>>
>> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.

> Would you rather give 'em RPGs, you dumbass?

Translation:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I want my mommy!

Aardvark

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:55:39 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

>Aardvark wrote:

>> Rehabilitation isn't the prime reason for incarceration in the US, as
>> is
>> the case in civilised countries. The US system is more geared toward
>> vengeful punishment than merciful justice.
>>

> Actually its increasingly geared towards profitability.

Yup. A lot of UK prisons are privatised and staffed and run by private
security companies.

> With the rise of
> private prisons here theres been a advertized "need to fill cells".

I don't think that sort of thing has happened here. I can't see any
reason why it should, unless the courts were also privatised and run by
the companies who run the prisons. That ain't gonna happen any time soon.

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Aardvark

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:55:39 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

>Aardvark wrote:

>> Rehabilitation isn't the prime reason for incarceration in the US, as
>> is
>> the case in civilised countries. The US system is more geared toward
>> vengeful punishment than merciful justice.
>>

> Actually its increasingly geared towards profitability.

Yup. A lot of UK prisons are privatised and staffed and run by private
security companies.

> With the rise of
> private prisons here theres been a advertized "need to fill cells".

I don't think that sort of thing has happened here. I can't see any
reason why it should, unless the courts were also privatised and run by
the companies who run the prisons. That ain't gonna happen any time soon.

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Bucky Breeder

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> snotbubbled this
via news(E-Mail Removed):

> Bucky Breeder sayeth thusly via
>
>> Meat Plow <irony-tard@luzers'.s0ckfarm.nut-caz>
>> snot-bubbled up and froth-whined about this upgrade
>> via Snuhtard's mommie's computer and ISP with this
>> news(E-Mail Removed):

>>> <http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news
>>> /Taxpayer-to-buy-1600-flatscreen.6624452.jp>
>>>
>>> Must be pretty damn nice to be a prisoner in Scotland.
>>>

>> Would you rather give 'em RPGs, you dumbass?
>>
>> You can't give 'em pencils, or else they'd just be
>> stabbing each other all the time and the medical
>> expenses would go way up for all the taxpayers.
>>
>> Of course, cheap pistols would help thin-out the
>> particularly prone to violence populations... Hmmm...
>> Tea Party Platform Conference on teh FauxNews coming up.
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> Actually, here's a tip for those Scots [and EVERYBODY]
>> which could save some catastropic expenditure subsequent
>> to imminent momentary losses of reason indigenous to
>> the subject evironment; but also if you have kids; or
>> get to drinking and are inclined to throw your coffee
>> at the officials during football games :
>>
>> http://www.tvscreenprotector.com/
>>
>> There's not a similar product anywhere else. I got one
>> for my 52-inch, and I really like it because it also keeps
>> the screen from getting terribly dusty after extensive
>> operation. I had to pay shipping on mine though. It's
>> pretty extensively packaged. Two-boxed, wrapped in lots
>> of bubble-wrap and dispatched via FedEx. I'm still happy
>> with it; even though they have the free shipping special
>> now. Hey-hey... a leetle sump-in--sump-in for the decerning
>> readers out there in usernets-land...
>>
>> DISCLAIMERS :
>>
>> I don't think this is "spam" because I don't have any investment
>> or interest in their business. It's just a jolly-good idea to
>> share with the peeples.
>>
>> Happy Mindless Pagan Commercial Shopping Season - from me!
>>
>> (Sorry, they don't have them over the 52-inch size yet.)
>>
>> HTH2
>>

> waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I want my mommy!

Learn to have sex without her, you dumbass.
Maybe yer seeseter...

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
an-nnnn-dh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

Meat Plow

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:23:21 +0000, Bucky Breeder puked and post-edited
the following IKYABWAI:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> snotbubbled this via
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Bucky Breeder sayeth thusly via
>>
>>> Meat Plow <irony-tard@luzers'.s0ckfarm.nut-caz> snot-bubbled up and
>>> froth-whined about this upgrade via Snuhtard's mommie's computer and
>>> ISP with this news(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Would you rather give 'em RPGs, you dumbass?
>>>
>>> You can't give 'em pencils, or else they'd just be stabbing each other
>>> all the time and the medical expenses would go way up for all the
>>> taxpayers.
>>>
>>> Of course, cheap pistols would help thin-out the particularly prone to
>>> violence populations... Hmmm... Tea Party Platform Conference on teh
>>> FauxNews coming up.
>>>
>>> HTH.
>>>
>>> Actually, here's a tip for those Scots [and EVERYBODY] which could
>>> save some catastropic expenditure subsequent to imminent momentary
>>> losses of reason indigenous to the subject evironment; but also if you
>>> have kids; or get to drinking and are inclined to throw your coffee at
>>> the officials during football games :
>>>
>>> http://www.tvscreenprotector.com/
>>>
>>> There's not a similar product anywhere else. I got one for my
>>> 52-inch, and I really like it because it also keeps the screen from
>>> getting terribly dusty after extensive operation. I had to pay
>>> shipping on mine though. It's pretty extensively packaged.
>>> Two-boxed, wrapped in lots of bubble-wrap and dispatched via FedEx.
>>> I'm still happy with it; even though they have the free shipping
>>> special now. Hey-hey... a leetle sump-in--sump-in for the decerning
>>> readers out there in usernets-land...
>>>
>>> DISCLAIMERS :
>>>
>>> I don't think this is "spam" because I don't have any investment or
>>> interest in their business. It's just a jolly-good idea to share with
>>> the peeples.
>>>
>>> Happy Mindless Pagan Commercial Shopping Season - from me!
>>>
>>> (Sorry, they don't have them over the 52-inch size yet.)
>>>
>>> HTH2

Post edit <Translation:> restored.

>> Translation:
>>
>> waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I want my mommy!

> Learn to have sex without her, you dumbass. Maybe yer seeseter...

Hello PeeWee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGWbzUM-y8

Bucky Breeder

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello PeeWee.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGWbzUM-y8

I actually looked up the availabilty and prices
for the PeeWee Broadway show... $227 for premium
seats on a Saturday. Have a date with a stewardess
over there, if I want to... hmm... TMI.

> thwarted and laughed at.

Yeah, but it took you a couple of times...

HTH.