Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Custom views in ModelSim

Custom views in ModelSim

Niv (KP)

I've read somewhere that custom data views can be built using Tcl to
view data selected in the wave window in a different format.
E.g. display a clock as hrs, mins & secs as a digital clock type
display.
Can anyone point me to where I can find outhow todo this please?

Jonathan Bromley

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 03:51:40 -0800 (PST), "Niv (KP)" wrote:

>I've read somewhere that custom data views can be built using Tcl to
>view data selected in the wave window in a different format.
>E.g. display a clock as hrs, mins & secs as a digital clock type
>display.
>Can anyone point me to where I can find outhow todo this please?

You could start with
http://www.doulos.com/knowhow/tcltk/...constellation/
However, it's not been updated since I wrote it quite a while
ago, so it's entirely possible that the bits have rotted a
little, in the way that they do when tool vendors make major
revisions of their GUIs.

Must try it myself, just to see if it still works
--
Jonathan Bromley

Custom data type in ModelSim XYZ VHDL 0 05-30-2010 01:31 PM
Summary Page Events folder under custom views in Event Viewer Joe Schmoe Windows 64bit 0 02-14-2009 12:24 PM
Deign views for CreateUserWizard custom WizardSteps Zen ASP .Net 0 06-12-2006 10:31 PM
TB 1.0.4 - can the News and Mail views (View > Message Body As ...)be different? Z Firefox 6 06-22-2005 05:14 PM
Custom Views Chimera Firefox 1 09-17-2003 08:17 PM

Advertisments