Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Mixing SMF and MMF cables

Mixing SMF and MMF cables

unix

I'm just testing trunking on some switches in the lab.

There are several SFP modules that are LH-SM and others are SX-MM. I
have short patch cords that are just labeled LC-LC. Can I use them for
testing both types of connections? (I know to run SM to SM and MM to
MM but not sure if the cable diameter will matter for just testing).

Thanks
Ron

unix

On Nov 12, 3:00*pm, unix <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm just testing trunking on some switches in the lab.
>
> There are several SFP modules that are LH-SM and others are SX-MM. I
> have short patch cords that are just labeled LC-LC. Can I use them for
> testing both types of connections? (I know to run SM to SM and MM to
> MM but not sure if the cable diameter will matter for just testing).
>
> Thanks
> Ron

Some more details: The cables are light blue and labeled FBL+2D+5D5D-
D986. Can't find on Google WTF that means.