Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: IP address dispalyed on desktop , how

Re: IP address dispalyed on desktop , how

Bucky Breeder

Information <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Id like my ip address to b permantly displayed on my desktop
> somehow , updating ..say every 5 mins or so , and capable of
> being COPY/PASTE
>
> im tunning XP
>
> any ideas

You could have problems if you're using a router...

But not with this one:

http://keir.net/ip2.html

Google for one you like better. Your IP is normally
not going to change in the middle of a session. You
could just launch the interface, then bump the button
everytime you think about it and see what kind of
patterns you perceive; then go from there. Perhaps,
use a macro to bump the button every 5 minutes; but
likely, you'll find you don't need that at all.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)