Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows 7 Mail

Windows 7 Mail

don

I noticed on my friends new PC that Win 7 no longer has Outllok Express
built into it...... would Microsoft Outlook work in Win 7 if I loaded it....
why did Microsoft do away with a built in mail program after all these
years.... whats the advantage.... what mail programs are we "suppose to be
using" for Win 7?

Sunny

"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ibi4fd$b66$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I noticed on my friends new PC that Win 7 no longer has Outllok Express
>built into it...... would Microsoft Outlook work in Win 7 if I loaded
>it....

NO

> why did Microsoft do away with a built in mail program after all these
> years.... whats the advantage.... what mail programs are we "suppose to
> be using" for Win 7?

Google for the ones to try

richard

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:15:37 -0500, don wrote:

> I noticed on my friends new PC that Win 7 no longer has Outllok Express
> built into it...... would Microsoft Outlook work in Win 7 if I loaded it....
> why did Microsoft do away with a built in mail program after all these
> years.... whats the advantage.... what mail programs are we "suppose to be
> using" for Win 7?

Vista came with "windows mail" and Windows 7 now has "Windows live mail".
Outlook Express is not available as a standalone program. It comes packaged
with earlier versions of IE.

Peter Foldes

"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ibi4fd$b66$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I noticed on my friends new PC that Win 7 no longer has Outllok Express built into
>it...... would Microsoft Outlook work in Win 7 if I loaded it.... why did Microsoft
>do away with a built in mail program after all these years.... whats the
>advantage.... what mail programs are we "suppose to be using" for Win 7?

Don

Microsoft Outlook will and does work with Windows 7.

Outlook Express does not . But there is a way to make(Outlook Express) it work with
Win 7 installed

To make Outlook Express work with Win 7 installed see the link below

How to use OE in Windows 7
http://www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

don

"Peter Foldes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ibi9iu$1i0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ibi4fd$b66$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I noticed on my friends new PC that Win 7 no longer has Outllok Express
>>built into it...... would Microsoft Outlook work in Win 7 if I loaded
>>it.... why did Microsoft do away with a built in mail program after all
>>these years.... whats the advantage.... what mail programs are we "suppose
>>to be using" for Win 7?

> Don
>
> Microsoft Outlook will and does work with Windows 7.
>
> Outlook Express does not . But there is a way to make(Outlook Express) it
> work with Win 7 installed
>
> To make Outlook Express work with Win 7 installed see the link below
>
> How to use OE in Windows 7
> http://www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx

thanks, because i really don't want to switch my mail programs after using
them all these years

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the st00pid wrote:

> Outlook Express is not available as a standalone program. It comes
> packaged with earlier versions of IE.

Does this mean .. does it really mean .... that OE uses IE to display
HTML messages? Was that your admission?

--
-bts

richard

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:22:17 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> richard the st00pid wrote:
>
>> Outlook Express is not available as a standalone program. It comes
>> packaged with earlier versions of IE.

> Does this mean .. does it really mean .... that OE uses IE to display
> HTML messages? Was that your admission?

no dumbass. The only way you can get OE is to install IE 6 or earlier.
Or whichever version of IE was on XP.
Some sites may claim they have a stand alone version of OE, but I've never
had the need for one. So I don't kow if that would work or not.

Challenge: Show me a photo of OE messages opening in a browser.
From within OE. Do not extract the messages and open independently.

richard

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:22:17 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> richard the st00pid wrote:
>
>> Outlook Express is not available as a standalone program. It comes
>> packaged with earlier versions of IE.

> Does this mean .. does it really mean .... that OE uses IE to display
> HTML messages? Was that your admission?

Does 40tude dialog use your browser to open posts sent in html?

richard

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:48:39 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:24:52 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Does 40tude dialog use your browser to open posts sent in html?

> What does that have to do with Outlook Express?

his claim is that OE does not understand html so it opens emails in IE.
in the same respect, 40tude is also an email client and it certainly
handles html just fine. I guess he feels that only a web browser knows how
to decode html.

richard

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:16:24 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:08:53 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>his claim is that OE does not understand html so it opens emails in IE.
>>in the same respect, 40tude is also an email client and it certainly
>>handles html just fine. I guess he feels that only a web browser knows how
>>to decode html.

> No, his claim, which is correct, is OE uses IE to render HTML.
>
> Your claim is you can install Windows Mail on XP.
>
> Still waiting to hear about that one.

Twisted words once again.
I said you need "windows mail" or "windows live mail" to open .eml files
with. I said nothing of installing either on XP.