Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > files opening

Reply
Thread Tools

files opening

 
 
Lethal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
Hello,
I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
solve it.
My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
what can I do please.?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lethal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
Lethal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r0WCo.14512$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello, I hafe a problem trjingkt to open .EML attachments, kould jou
> please help me zolfe it. Mein komputer ist Vindows XP. I hafe tried
> to zolfe it bie goingkt to Mein komputer, tools, options,and look
> under r-r-register files zo I kould klick "EML Outlook express mail
> messages"(vhich ist mein mail serfer) but it ist not listed dere,
> vhat kan I do please.? Anie help vill be greatlie appreciated. Dank
> jou,
>
>
>
>









 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:49:12 -0800, Lethal wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
> solve it.
> My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
> tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
> express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
> what can I do please.?
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you,


..EML files should be opened with either "Windows mail" or "windows live
mail" depending on which you have.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Easter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
Lethal wrote:

> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
> solve it.


When you say .eml attachments, do you mean .eml attachments to an email
or do you mean some other kind of attachment to an email?

If you see an .eml attachment to an email, you should be able to just
double click it because your OE is the program which is configured to
open .eml

> My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
> tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
> express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
> what can I do please.?


If you have a saved .eml file...

Navigate to the directory with the .eml file
R click .eml file
Open with function opens
Nominally it would have Outlook Express at the top of the list as the
recommended program.

If it does not, then you would need to find Outlook Express in the other
programs.

There is a potential problem with opening an .eml attachment to an email
if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html which might be
found inside the .eml and the IE which your OE calls on is an insecure
version or configured insecurely.

Which version of which browser are you using to render html?


--
Mike Easter
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
richard wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:49:12 -0800, Lethal wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
>> solve it.
>> My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
>> tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
>> express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
>> what can I do please.?
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>> Thank you,

>
> .EML files should be opened with either "Windows mail" or "windows live
> mail" depending on which you have.


On Win XP?
 
Reply With Quote
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:36:43 -0800, Jordon wrote:

> richard wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:49:12 -0800, Lethal wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
>>> solve it.
>>> My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
>>> tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
>>> express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
>>> what can I do please.?
>>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>> Thank you,

>>
>> .EML files should be opened with either "Windows mail" or "windows live
>> mail" depending on which you have.

>
> On Win XP?


Who knows? Maybe he added the newer versions.
But he wanted to know what to open them with.
 
Reply With Quote
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:25:55 -0800, Mike Easter wrote:

> Lethal wrote:
>
>> I have a problem trying to open .EML attachments, could you please help me
>> solve it.

>
> When you say .eml attachments, do you mean .eml attachments to an email
> or do you mean some other kind of attachment to an email?
>
> If you see an .eml attachment to an email, you should be able to just
> double click it because your OE is the program which is configured to
> open .eml
>
>> My computer is Windows XP. I have tried to solve it by going to My computer,
>> tools, options,and look under register files so I could click "EML Outlook
>> express mail messages"(which is my mail server) but it is not listed there,
>> what can I do please.?

>
> If you have a saved .eml file...
>
> Navigate to the directory with the .eml file
> R click .eml file
> Open with function opens
> Nominally it would have Outlook Express at the top of the list as the
> recommended program.
>
> If it does not, then you would need to find Outlook Express in the other
> programs.
>
> There is a potential problem with opening an .eml attachment to an email
> if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html which might be
> found inside the .eml and the IE which your OE calls on is an insecure
> version or configured insecurely.
>
> Which version of which browser are you using to render html?


Lots of luck trying to make that work.
OE uses DBX files and won't know what the hell an .eml attachment is.

OE also does not use IE to read html email. So the email file will not open
with the browser.

Idiot.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
Richard the St00pid wrote:

> OE also does not use IE to read html email.


<LOL!> Well then, tell us what it *does* use to read HTML email!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express
"... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render HTML e-mail.
Internet Explorer has been widely criticized for having numerous
security flaws."

Please refrain from giving advice on subjects you don't understand.

--
-bts
-Four wheels carry the body; two wheels move the soul
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Easter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
richard wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:


>> If you have a saved .eml file...
>>
>> Navigate to the directory with the .eml file
>> R click .eml file
>> Open with function opens
>> Nominally it would have Outlook Express at the top of the list as the
>> recommended program.


>> There is a potential problem with opening an .eml attachment to an email
>> if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html which might be
>> found inside the .eml and the IE which your OE calls on is an insecure
>> version or configured insecurely.


> Lots of luck trying to make that work.
> OE uses DBX files and won't know what the hell an .eml attachment is.


OE uses .dbx files for its storage system. The .dbx files are a
proprietary compression scheme for the archived messages which when
saved as .nws or .eml are simply text files of an individual message.

> OE also does not use IE to read html email. So the email file will not open
> with the browser.


Default OE uses IE's rendering engine to render html.

> Idiot.


Saying 'idiot' when you are wrong makes you look extra foolish.




--
Mike Easter
 
Reply With Quote
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-11-2010
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:18:06 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Richard the St00pid wrote:
>
>> OE also does not use IE to read html email.

>
> <LOL!> Well then, tell us what it *does* use to read HTML email!
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express
> "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render HTML e-mail.
> Internet Explorer has been widely criticized for having numerous
> security flaws."
>
> Please refrain from giving advice on subjects you don't understand.


dumbshit, OE uses itself to render html email.
OE was basically created so emails could handle html or properly known as
"Rich text format" (rtf).

OE messages certainly do not open in IE.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Files opening under other files nof NZ Computing 2 01-14-2011 06:07 AM
Problem with opening Excel after opening Excel inside Microsoft Internet Controls fniles ASP General 0 04-26-2009 09:39 PM
Anyone resolved links opening blank page? or box opening in Outlook 2000? S.Rodgers Firefox 13 12-16-2005 03:07 PM
Word file not opening from Adm -My recent docs but opening from file menu of Word Thaqalain Computer Support 0 06-30-2005 02:20 AM
need some help with dial box opening when opening a folder John Computer Information 0 11-13-2003 08:38 PM



Advertisments