Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 40tude Dialog

40tude Dialog

Old Gringo38

I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server. What
I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude to
accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.
--
11/11/2010 10:30:05 AM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

Old Gringo38

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:00:58 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:34:19 -0600, Old Gringo38
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
>>client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server. What
>>I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude to
>>accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

> Like this?
>
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...de-dialog.html

Lots of ambiguous rambling there with some good information, but no
solution for what I am trying to accomplish. Thanks anyway.
--
11/11/2010 11:07:57 AM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Old Gringo38 wrote:

> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server.

The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".

> What I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude
> to accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject line?
The poster's From name or address?

Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it. A
few details from you will help.

--
-bts

richard

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:34:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:

> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server. What
> I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude to
> accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

Are you speaking of the killfile actions?
Simple. Right click on the person you want to block.
From the menu list, select "scoring and actions".
Click "Add plonk rule".
In the new window that opens up you will something like:
!markread From "Evan Platt". The ! and quotes are necessary.
Note that the group name has been added for you.

You chan change markread to delete if you'd prefer not seeing the message
at all.

Take a look at the samples section in the scoring and actions window for
further help.

Old Gringo38

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:04:52 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Old Gringo38 wrote:
>
>> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
>> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server.

> The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".
>
>> What I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude
>> to accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

> What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject line?
> The poster's From name or address?
>
> Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it. A
> few details from you will help.

Nick name in subj: line.; I am looking at the score file but not
finding what I want to do.
--
11/11/2010 12:12:30 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Old Gringo38

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:04:52 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Old Gringo38 wrote:
>
>> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
>> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server.

> The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".
>
>> What I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude
>> to accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

> What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject line?
> The poster's From name or address?
>
> Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it. A
> few details from you will help.

I figured it out, thanks for the help.
--
11/11/2010 12:18:21 PM CST

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:13:51 -0700, richard wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:34:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
>
>> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
>> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server. What
>> I would like to know is the command that would be used in 40tude to
>> accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

> Are you speaking of the killfile actions?
> Simple. Right click on the person you want to block.
> From the menu list, select "scoring and actions".
> Click "Add plonk rule".
> In the new window that opens up you will something like:
> !markread From "Evan Platt". The ! and quotes are necessary.
> Note that the group name has been added for you.
>
> You chan change markread to delete if you'd prefer not seeing the message
> at all.
>
> Take a look at the samples section in the scoring and actions window for
> further help.

Thanks richard, I just figured it all out, # required.
--
11/11/2010 12:19:37 PM CST

Old Gringo38 wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Old Gringo38 wrote:
>>> I have noticed that posts can be deleted from the lineup in the
>>> client, although I am sure they are not delete from the server.

>> The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".
>>
>>> What I would like to know is the command that would be used in
>>> 40tude to accomplish this automatically for certain posts by name.

>> What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject
>> line? The poster's From name or address?
>>
>> Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it.
>> A few details from you will help.

> Nick name in subj: line.; I am looking at the score file but not
> finding what I want to do.

Nickname? Like his nym? That is most likely *not* in the Subject line.
It's in the From.
[*] # The asterisk applies to all groups
!markread From "The Nickname"

If you don't want to see any followups/replies to this Nickname, use:
!markread,ignore From "The Nickname"

It's very easy.

--
-bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

RtS wrote:

> In the new window that opens up you will [what?] something like:
> !markread From "Evan Platt". The ! and quotes are necessary.

The quotes are not necessary.

!markread From richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
will work just fine. Yes, the [add a plonk rule] does include quotes by
default, but you don't need them.

--
-bts

Old Gringo38

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:30:17 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Old Gringo38 wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>>
>>> The appropriate term for Usenet would be "cancel" and not "delete".

>>> What exactly do you mean by "certain posts by name?" The Subject
>>> line? The poster's From name or address?
>>>
>>> Really .. the Dialog scorefile is very good, once you understand it.
>>> A few details from you will help.

>> Nick name in subj: line.; I am looking at the score file but not
>> finding what I want to do.

> Nickname? Like his nym? That is most likely *not* in the Subject line.
> It's in the From.
>
>[*] # The asterisk applies to all groups
> !markread From "The Nickname"
>
> If you don't want to see any followups/replies to this Nickname, use:
> !markread,ignore From "The Nickname"
>
> It's very easy.

Thanks problem solved.
--