Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > TrueCrypt & BestCrypt no longer shutting down computer

TrueCrypt & BestCrypt no longer shutting down computer

joev@alsjfa.com

I'm using TrueCrypt 6.3a with Win XP Pro.

TrueCrypt is not timing out and shutting down the computer in the
amount of time I've set in the preferences. Also, BestCrypt is having
the same problem.

TrueCrypt is encrypting my system partition of my C: drive.

BestCrypt has a few virtual volumes installed on my outboard drives.

This problem just started lately after I changed a few items.

The changes are:
I'm now using a router and modem for Comcast cable.

I'm using AVG anti virus now. I was using Avira before.

I'm using a wireless printer that is in use for my computer and my
wife's.

These are the only changes that come to mind.

Any other suggestions why BestCrypt and Truecrypt should no longer be
shutting down the comp?

joev@alsjfa.com

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:51:47 -0600, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I'm using TrueCrypt 6.3a with Win XP Pro.
>
>TrueCrypt is not timing out and shutting down the computer in the
>amount of time I've set in the preferences. Also, BestCrypt is having
>the same problem.
>
>TrueCrypt is encrypting my system partition of my C: drive.
>
>BestCrypt has a few virtual volumes installed on my outboard drives.
>
>This problem just started lately after I changed a few items.
>
>The changes are:
>I'm now using a router and modem for Comcast cable.
>
>I'm using AVG anti virus now. I was using Avira before.
>
>I'm using a wireless printer that is in use for my computer and my
>wife's.
>
>These are the only changes that come to mind.
>
>Any other suggestions why BestCrypt and Truecrypt should no longer be
>shutting down the comp?

BestCrypt does not shutdown Windows. I meant to say it no longer
dismounts its virtual drives after a set amount of time.