Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Smokers in the crowd

Smokers in the crowd

Old Gringo38

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:43:36 -0700, richard wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:17:11 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
>
>> http://goo.gl/yS19H Link to NYT

> username and password would be nice.

Oh hell, I thought everyone subscribed to the NYT (It;s Free)
--
11/11/2010 8:26:30 AM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

Old Gringo38

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:48:19 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:17:11 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
>
>> http://goo.gl/yS19H Link to NYT

> Need free account. Don't know what the subject was but:
>
> I bought the Cig2o e-cig starter kit. Haven't smoked a real cig since
> Friday. One cartridge lasted me 5 days. A five cartridge pack sells for
> $12 bucks. Battery (the tobacco part in a real cig) lasts 2 days. You
> get two plus a charger in the starter. I take a couple hits every half
> hour or so when I get the itch. The vapor has no flavor but has nicotine
> and simulates smoke pretty damn convincingly. Manager at Starbucks came
> over to me this morning and told me to put my cigarette out

Sorry about that, I thought everyone subscribed to the NYT. The
article showed new pictures that will appear on cigarette packages,
rather gorse.
I have to laugh, I still smoke and with the cost of cigarettes now
days you could make payments on a new car with the money.
--
11/11/2010 8:40:44 AM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Old Gringo38

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:48:19 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:17:11 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
>
>> http://goo.gl/yS19H Link to NYT

> Need free account. Don't know what the subject was but:
>
> I bought the Cig2o e-cig starter kit. Haven't smoked a real cig since
> Friday. One cartridge lasted me 5 days. A five cartridge pack sells for
> $12 bucks. Battery (the tobacco part in a real cig) lasts 2 days. You
> get two plus a charger in the starter. I take a couple hits every half
> hour or so when I get the itch. The vapor has no flavor but has nicotine
> and simulates smoke pretty damn convincingly. Manager at Starbucks came
> over to me this morning and told me to put my cigarette out

The top right photo is one of the ones that will be on new cigarette
packages. http://goo.gl/EUbXc Hope this works, photo from Google
Images.
--
11/11/2010 9:36:14 AM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Meat Plow

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:37:38 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:48:19 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:17:11 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
>>
>>> http://goo.gl/yS19H Link to NYT

>> Need free account. Don't know what the subject was but:
>>
>> I bought the Cig2o e-cig starter kit. Haven't smoked a real cig since
>> Friday. One cartridge lasted me 5 days. A five cartridge pack sells for
>> $12 bucks. Battery (the tobacco part in a real cig) lasts 2 days. You
>> get two plus a charger in the starter. I take a couple hits every half
>> hour or so when I get the itch. The vapor has no flavor but has
>> nicotine and simulates smoke pretty damn convincingly. Manager at
>> Starbucks came over to me this morning and told me to put my cigarette
>> out

> The top right photo is one of the ones that will be on new cigarette
> packages. http://goo.gl/EUbXc Hope this works, photo from Google
> Images.

Ah ok I heard about that today.

G. Morgan

§nühw¤£f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Discipline?
>I quit chew tobaccy after doing that for about 7 years.

I've been smoking 24 years. I don't think 'discipline on it's own will work,
need a plan. I've tried before. Even tried those patches, but they were too
hard to keep lit up.