Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IEWebControls

IEWebControls

menon

Hi Eric

Thanks for the reply.
We have installed IEWebControls.exe on the server, but the treeview
control and the tollbar controls are not getting displayed.

thanks
Menon

http://www.usenet.com

EricJ

Did you do everithing stated in the readme.txt (i know its stupid but it can
act up if dont do EVERITHING in there like creating the sample app)
readme in the zip file
(the first time i deployed a web forms app it took me a looong time to get
everithing working)

good luck

eric

=====================================
Internet Explorer Web Controls README
=====================================
Last updated: 1/14/2002

Thank you for downloading the IE Web Controls source code release! The Src
folder contains the source code for the IE MultiPage, ToolBar, TreeView, and
TabStrip controls, along with related base classes and design-time support.

To build the IE Web Controls:

1. Make sure you have installed the .NET Framework SDK v1.0 or v1.1
2. Run Build.bat, which will create a build folder in this directory.
The build folder contains Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll and a
Runtime directory of supporting files.

To run the IE Web Controls:

1. Copy the contents of the Runtime directory to the webctrl_client\1_0
directory under your top-level site directory. For example, if your
site root is c:\Inetpub\wwwroot, type this at the command prompt:

xcopy /s /i .\build\Runtime c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0 /y

This will create the following directory structure under the site:

/webctrl_client/1_0
MultiPage.htc
TabStrip.htc
toolbar.htc
treeview.htc
webservice.htc
webserviced.htc
[images]
[treeimages]

2. Create a new web application in IIS and copy the contents of the
samples directory to this application directory. For example:

xcopy /s /i .\samples c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sampleapp /y

3. Create a /bin subdirectory for the application and copy the file
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to this directory.

The contents of the application will be as follows:

/sampleapp
multipage.aspx
state_city.xml
tabstrip.aspx
toolbar.aspx
treeview.aspx
treeview_bound.aspx
/bin
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll

4. Request the sample pages from your Internet Explorer web browser, for
example: http://localhost/sampleapp/multipage.aspx

For additional documentation and samples visit:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...rols_entry.asp

"menon" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Eric
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> We have installed IEWebControls.exe on the server, but the treeview
> control and the tollbar controls are not getting displayed.
>
> thanks
> Menon

> http://www.usenet.com

menon

We did follow the same instructions as mentioned in the readme. Does
the webcontrols have some issues with win2003 server.? Win2003 server
has the framework preinsalled.

thanks
Menon

http://www.usenet.com

EricJ

i will be able to tell you that in a few weeks (first deployment on a 2003)
lets hope not
if you have access to the server you could try the remote debugging of vs
(haven't done that myself but it could tell you more)

"menon" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:403aeef2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> We did follow the same instructions as mentioned in the readme. Does
> the webcontrols have some issues with win2003 server.? Win2003 server
> has the framework preinsalled.
>
> thanks
> Menon

> http://www.usenet.com

menon

We have access to the server. But VS is not installed on the server.

Menon

http://www.usenet.com

EricJ

if it is your server you might consider that
but i'm afraid i can't help you :/

if someone else has a clue ?

"menon" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:403b279b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have access to the server. But VS is not installed on the server.
>
> Menon

> http://www.usenet.com

IEWebcontrols is not work MS Server 2003 !!! dina ASP .Net 1 02-08-2007 04:28 PM
IEwebcontrols Shahriar ASP .Net 6 04-14-2005 08:28 PM
iewebcontrols gg ASP .Net 1 12-02-2004 10:39 PM
iewebcontrols setup Schoo ASP .Net Building Controls 4 07-21-2004 10:33 AM
iewebcontrols ASP .Net 4 12-03-2003 01:14 PM

Advertisments