Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Term Of The Week: “Beta Blocker”

Term Of The Week: “Beta Blocker”

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Originally a pharmaceutical term, I’ve seen it used more than once in
software projects, referring to bugs which are serious enough to prevent the
software passing QA for the next (but still prerelease) stage.

At least, I’ve never seen a piece of software exhibit cardiac arrhythmia...

bugalugs

On 9/11/2010 10:52 p.m., collector.nz wrote:
> On 9/11/2010 5:00 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> Originally a pharmaceutical term, I’ve seen it used more than once in
>> software projects, referring to bugs which are serious enough to
>> prevent the
>> software passing QA for the next (but still prerelease) stage.
>>
>> At least, I’ve never seen a piece of software exhibit cardiac
>> arrhythmia...

> I wish you the best but terminal non posting is what I wish you had

Just got my car back from the garage last Friday. It had been in for a
hysterectomy. It had a lot of problems with the gearbox.