Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Display test on Active-VHDL

Display test on Active-VHDL

joao12345678joao joao12345678joao is offline
Junior Member

Hi guys! im new here on the forum, and i'm using active-VHDL compiler. I did a Display but I dont know how can I simulate it. I'll post my code and, please, If somebody knows, tell me how can I simulate it!
If somebody finds any error in the code, please, tell me xD

Hugss!

library IEEE;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.all;
USE IEEE.std_logic_unsigned.ALL;

entity Input is
port(
a : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(3 downto 0);
b : out STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(6 downto 0)
);
end Input;

--}} End of automatically maintained section

architecture Display of Input is
begin
process(a)
begin
CASE a is
when "0000" => b <="1111110";
when "0001" => b <="0110000";
when "0010" => b <="1101101";
when "0011" => b <="1111001";
when "0100" => b <="0110011";
when "0101" => b <="1011011";
when "0110" => b <="1011111";
when "0111" => b <="1110000";
when "1000" => b <="1111111";
when "1001" => b <="1110011";
when others => b <="0000001";
end CASE;
end process;

-- enter your statements here --
end Display;

eliascm eliascm is offline
Member

In Active-HDL, click on Help/On-line Documentation/Tutorials/HDL Entry and Simulation Tutorial

This will get you started. If you still have questions after working this tutorial, come back to this forum and post the question(s).

Charles

joao12345678joao joao12345678joao is offline
Junior Member

Thanks, Charles. It's a usefull help that I didn't find before.
Its being hard begin with VHDL. I'm trying to find some exemples inside internet to have a work base, but few sites are good for this. If I have any problem, i'll come here ask you haha

Hugs