Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Open an elevated Command prompt in Windows 7 ........

Re: Open an elevated Command prompt in Windows 7 ........

Alias

On 11/07/2010 09:08 AM, Valorie *~ wrote:
> From:
> http://www.tomstricks.com/how-to-act...rator-account/
>

> Anyone have any idea why my W-7 doesn't have "Run as Administrator" to
> select when right clicking on the command prompt? What is an *elevated*
> prompt? All I have is the regular prompt on my W-7 PC.
>
> From the website:
>
> "Method 1:Using Command Prompt (W-7)
> Open an elevated Command prompt in Windows 7 by right click on the
> command prompt and select "Run as Administrator". After that you only
> need to enter the simple command below to activate it."
>
> I can't select "Run as Administrator" because there is nothing there in
> the prompt window or the right click menu to select when I right click
> on the command prompt. All I can do is type something after the
> C:\user\Valorie> thing.

According to the Windroids that haunt this newsgroup, command lines are
only for Linux.

LOL! The irony!

--
Alias

John Aldred

Alias wrote:

[Snip]

> According to the Windroids that haunt this newsgroup, command lines are
> only for Linux.
>
> LOL! The irony!

For those that would like the full Command Reference for Windows 7 and
Windows Server. Take a look here:-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...5FF-72DA-4B08-
A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en

Apologies for the split URL.

--
John

John Aldred

John Aldred wrote:

> Alias wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>>
>> According to the Windroids that haunt this newsgroup, command lines are
>> only for Linux.
>>
>> LOL! The irony!
>>

> For those that would like the full Command Reference for Windows 7 and
> Windows Server. Take a look here:-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...5FF-72DA-4B08-
> A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en
>
> Apologies for the split URL.

Hmmm. Seems to be a problem with that URL. Will try to copy and paste again

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...5FF-72DA-4B08-
A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en

--
John

Aardvark

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:55:00 +0000, John Aldred wrote:

> John Aldred wrote:
>
>> Alias wrote:
>>
>> [Snip]
>>>
>>> According to the Windroids that haunt this newsgroup, command lines
>>> are only for Linux.
>>>
>>> LOL! The irony!
>>>

>> For those that would like the full Command Reference for Windows 7 and
>> Windows Server. Take a look here:-
>>

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?

familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
>> A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en
>>
>> Apologies for the split URL.
>>

> Hmmm. Seems to be a problem with that URL. Will try to copy and paste
> again
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?

familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
> A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en

Try posting links thusly:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?
familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en>

They don't break when placed between carets.

no hace mucho tiempo que vivĂ*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, rocĂ*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Bucky Breeder

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> via
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:10:42 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Try posting links thusly:
>>
>><http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?
>>familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
>>A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en>
>>
>>They don't break when placed between carets.

> Does for me, in Agent.
>
> Best way I've seen that seems to work in a majority of clients is to
> use the other bracket first:
>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...=5FB255FF-72DA
>>-4B08-A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en

Does for me too, in Awesome Xnews v. for Awesomeness...

Geezus, someone should invent a website that shortens
long URLs, then it would be some smuuve postin' and
I love me some smuuve postin' and some smuuve linkin'
to stuff, especially when it's awesome stuff for my
awesome self to download to my awesome computers.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

awesomeness into your petty judgmental life.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

John Aldred

Aardvark wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:55:00 +0000, John Aldred wrote:
>
>> John Aldred wrote:
>>
>>> Alias wrote:
>>>
>>> [Snip]

>>> For those that would like the full Command Reference for Windows 7 and
>>> Windows Server. Take a look here:-
>>>

>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?

> familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
>>> A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en
>>>
>>> Apologies for the split URL.
>>>

>> Hmmm. Seems to be a problem with that URL. Will try to copy and paste
>> again
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?

> familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
>> A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en

> Try posting links thusly:
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?
> familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
> A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en>
>
> They don't break when placed between carets.

Unfortunately that doesn't work on my news reader (KNode)
but thanks for the suggestion.

--
John

John Aldred

Evan Platt wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:10:42 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Try posting links thusly:
>>
>><http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?
>>familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
>>A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en>
>>
>>They don't break when placed between carets.

> Does for me, in Agent.
>
> Best way I've seen that seems to work in a majority of clients is to
> use the other bracket first:
>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...5FF-72DA-4B08-

A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en

Thanks this method appears to work for my news reader.

--
John

Aardvark

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 07:13:26 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:10:42 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Try posting links thusly:
>>
>><http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?
>>familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
>>A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en>
>>
>>They don't break when placed between carets.

> Does for me, in Agent.
>
> Best way I've seen that seems to work in a majority of clients is to use
> the other bracket first:
>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?

familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en

Hmmmm. I'll try that next time.

no hace mucho tiempo que vivĂ*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, rocĂ*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Char Jackson

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:23:29 +0000, John Aldred
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Alias wrote:
>
>[Snip]
>>
>> According to the Windroids that haunt this newsgroup, command lines are
>> only for Linux.
>>
>> LOL! The irony!
>>

>For those that would like the full Command Reference for Windows 7 and
>Windows Server. Take a look here:-
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...5FF-72DA-4B08-
>A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en
>
>Apologies for the split URL.

Put it in angle brackets and all should be fine.

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en>

--

Char Jackson

Aardvark

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 11:07:21 -0600, Char Jackson wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:23:29 +0000, John Aldred
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Alias wrote:
>>
>>[Snip]
>>>
>>> According to the Windroids that haunt this newsgroup, command lines
>>> are only for Linux.
>>>
>>> LOL! The irony!
>>>

>>For those that would like the full Command Reference for Windows 7 and
>>Windows Server. Take a look here:-
>>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?

familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-
>>A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en
>>
>>Apologies for the split URL.

> Put it in angle brackets and all should be fine.
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?

familyid=5FB255FF-72DA-4B08-A504-1B10266CF72A&displaylang=en>

I suggested that. Apparently some newsreaders break the link anyway.