Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Opinions and help about Symphony CMS php XML XSLT MVC ?

Opinions and help about Symphony CMS php XML XSLT MVC ?

Lea Gris

Hello,

I am studying and self teaching the working of a free CMS named
Symphony-CMS based on XML/XSLT and organized as an MVC framework. As
these where and still are all new and quite foreign concepts for me, the
learning curve look desperately abrupt. By the way, this framework seems
plenty powerful and I'd like to go further with it.

If you don't already know about Symphony-CMS, the website is here :
<http://symphony-cms.com/>

I would appreciate your opinions, experiences about that tool as well as
advices on self/learning concepts around MVC XML/XSLT (tutorials,
on-line or plain paper reading). I consider myself at the early stage of
understanding XSLT (like 50% of it), but I still have much difficulties
thinking and organizing a website content and interactions around these.
I probably need more mastering on MVC, designing data structures and
operation than pure XML processing. Even after spending several hours
following and re-doing a Hello World tutorial named "Say Hello to
Symphony (parts 1&2)", the fundamental concepts appears still blurred in
my mind.

--
Léa Gris

Joe Kesselman

No opinion about the tool; I don't use Symphony or php.

If you have specific questions about XML or XSLT, we can try to help you
with them.

--
Joe Kesselman,
http://www.love-song-productions.com...lam/index.html