Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: suggestions for getting a PC toolkit and extension cord

Re: suggestions for getting a PC toolkit and extension cord

Whiskers

On 2010-11-05, g <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The desktops we have in office are HP Compaq dc7600 Convertible
> Minitower or HP xw4600 Workstation and a Dell Optiplex 980. The laptops
> are mainly Dell latitude 510, HP Compaq 2710p. Any suggestions for a
> toolkit which can open parts of these machines?

[...]

I think you need to re-think your sales strategies for selling toolkits
and extension cords.

In my experience, office hardware tinkerers either buy whatever 'toolkit'
catches their eye on the 'gifts' display, or they buy individual tools to
do a particular thing. Either way the tools generally get lost soon after
the first time the tinkerer gets an electric shock or breaks something
expensive. Meanwhile the hardware maintenance dept or contractor already
has proper tools, and knows how to use them. Neither the tinkerer nor the
expert is likely to buy tools 'on line' - although someone's mum or gran
might.

Just on the off-chance that your enquiry here is actually genuine, I
suggest that you make friends with one of your local computer repair
shops. They will probably be happy to sell you appropriate extension
cords, too.

--
-- Whiskers