Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wharfedale DVDR24F Freeview DVD recorder.

Wharfedale DVDR24F Freeview DVD recorder.

Ian Field

Does anyone know whether the Wharfedale DVDR24F Freeview DVD recorder is a
re-badged something else?

Wharfedale customer support doesn't exist!

Meat Plow

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:21:14 +0000, Ian Field wrote:

> Does anyone know whether the Wharfedale DVDR24F Freeview DVD recorder is
> a re-badged something else?
>
> Wharfedale customer support doesn't exist!

They vend a large variety of electronics in the UK. Do they badge, I'm
certain of that. Is the DVD24F badged? Almost certainly. Who actually
makes it? Origin: China, manufacturer could be one of a number of high
volume, low quality manufacturers.

richard

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:34:23 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:21:14 +0000, Ian Field wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know whether the Wharfedale DVDR24F Freeview DVD recorder is
>> a re-badged something else?
>>
>> Wharfedale customer support doesn't exist!

> They vend a large variety of electronics in the UK. Do they badge, I'm
> certain of that. Is the DVD24F badged? Almost certainly. Who actually
> makes it? Origin: China, manufacturer could be one of a number of high
> volume, low quality manufacturers.

the Tandy Corp. (Radio Shack) used to do the same thing in their beginning.
The guts of certain electronic stuff were exactly identical to name brand
stuff. The only difference was the case and the name.