Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: limewire is gone ..where now

Re: limewire is gone ..where now

richard

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:44:53 -0700, Mungaloid wrote:

>> my occasional download of music via limewire
>> is now gone
>>
>> where do i go now
>>

> Frostwire replicates the Limewire experience. Seems to be faster, fewer
> users.

Don't trust it. I just tried it out and like bittorrent, the sneaky
bastards leave a program running on your machine after you shut down the
program. I uninstalled the program properly. Still, the files remained
intact even though the wizard went through all the motions.
Task manager showed the program was still operational.

richard

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:22:58 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

> In message <(E-Mail Removed)> , "Mungaloid"
> pondered the following:

>>> Don't trust it. I just tried it out and like bittorrent, the sneaky
>>> bastards leave a program running on your machine after you shut down the
>>> program. I uninstalled the program properly. Still, the files remained
>>> intact even though the wizard went through all the motions.
>>> Task manager showed the program was still operational.

>> Did you choose the option to minimize to the tray on closing? I didn't see
>> any Frostwire process running after closing the program.
>>

> Richy dun know how the p2p systems be workin, yo.
> Torrents require that you leave a file on yer computer to seed, thus SHARING
> files.
> But some peeps just wanna leach.
>
> Word.

I know how the system works, asswipe.
As I said, the program went through the motions of uninstalling and still
left the files intact, leaving the program operational even though I had it
turned off and uninstalled?
That's just **** poor programming.

I quit using bittorrent because I found out there was an active program
even when the main one was shut down. That active program allowed others to
see my entire computer files. That is not how the system is supposed to
work.

Bucky Breeder

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> st00pid posted this bullshit:

> I quit using bittorrent because

He was too phreekin' st00pid to figger it oot.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

Zu Arsschlaark!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:45:32 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I know how the system works, asswipe.

> I seriously doubt that.
>
>>As I said, the program went through the motions of uninstalling and still
>>left the files intact, leaving the program operational even though I had it
>>turned off and uninstalled?

> My bet is you did something wrong.
>
>>That's just **** poor programming.

> We call it 1D10T error or PRBKAC.
>
>>I quit using bittorrent because I found out there was an active program
>>even when the main one was shut down. That active program allowed others to
>>see my entire computer files. That is not how the system is supposed to
>>work.

> I bet you configured something to do so.
> --
> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address.

i heard about iD10T.
i had to look up PRBKAC.
is it PEBKAC?
or is it
Problem Richard Bullis, Keyboard And Chair?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

> "Evan Platt" wrote:
>> We call it 1D10T error or PRBKAC.

> i heard about iD10T.
> i had to look up PRBKAC.
> is it PEBKAC?
> or is it
> Problem Richard Bullis, Keyboard And Chair?

Problem Resides Between Keyboard And Chair.
Less common than Problem Exists...
Or a typo. The R and the E are right next to each other, eh?

--
-bts