Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Aspose.Newsletter November 2010 Edition is out now

Aspose.Newsletter November 2010 Edition is out now

sherazam sherazam is offline
Senior Member

Aspose Newsletter for November 2010 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows how to embed an Excel chart as an OLE object in a PowerPoint presentation. Also examples of rotate text in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet cell programmatically and a demo to create ad-hoc reports and great looking charts.

Upcoming products – Aspose.Words version 10.0

We are releasing Aspose.Words version 10.0 soon. To keep the .NET and Java versions of the components in step, we are autoporting code from the .NET product to the Java product. From now on, users of Aspose.Words for Java customers will get the same updates as our Aspose.Words for .NET users. We are grateful for the patience that our Java users have shown while we have been working on this important development. We have a number of blog entries on autoporting on the Aspose.Word blog.

Product Spotlight – Aspose.Pdf for .NET

Aspose.Pdf is a .NET component for writing Pdf documents without using Adobe Acrobat. It supports converting HTML, XSL-FO & Word documents to PDF and you can also create PDF by API, XML templates or XSL-FO files. Other supported features include PDF/A-1, PDF linearization, XML meta data, form field creation, bookmark, image formats & security features, hyperlinks, adding footnotes, text & page properties, decimal tab stop, HTML tags and keeping paragraphs together when breaking page. To support you further, we have made a wide variety of documentation, articles, video tutorials and other information available from the documentation section of our website.

Technical Article – Working Solution for Chart Re-sizing

An Excel chart embedded as an OLE object in a PowerPoint presentation using Aspose.Slides for Java has different sizes before and after chart activation. This is caused by the fact that the spreadsheet and the OLE object each has a set size. When a chart is activated from a PowerPoint slide, a certain amount of negotiation is performed between the two applications. This affects the size of the embedded object when it is closed again. Working with Microsoft, we found a solution to this issue.

Updates about new product releases

1. Aspose.Total Q3 2010 for .NET- All the latest products, bug fixes and feature enhancements for our .NET products
2. Aspose.Total Q3 2010 for Java - All the latest products, bug fixes and feature enhancements for our Java products.
3. Aspose.Total Q3 2010 for Reporting Services - All the latest products, bug fixes and feature enhancements for our Reporting Services products.
4. All the latest products, bug fixes and feature enhancements for our JasperReports products - All the latest Aspose products for JasperReports.
5. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.7.0 - Adds support for a number of HTML tags and improves large file management.
6. Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 4.9.0 - Improved conversion, extraction, viewing, printing and memory handling.
7. Aspose.Network for .NET 5.7.0 - Access public folders from Exchange Server and other new features and fixes.
8. Aspose.Flash for .NET 3.3.0 - Improved text replacement in SWF files and new font management controls.
9. Aspose.Barcode for .NET 3.7.0 - Adds generation of RM4SCC and VIN barcodes, new image export format and a number of fixes.
10. Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.1.4 - Adds support for exporting encrypted PDFs and a number of other enhancement and fixes.
11. Aspose.Words for Java 4.0.3 - An option to not load images during HTML import takes this from Beta to full release.
12. Aspose.Metafiles for Java 1.7.0 -dimensions.aspx- Improved vector to bitmap rendering, get image dimensions.

Tutorial Video – Filtering Data using Aspose.Report for .NET

Aspose.Report for .NET can be used to create ad-hoc reports and great looking charts. This month's tutorial shows how to filter data in disconnected mode, or without loading it into a data table. A web application created in Microsoft visual Studio illustrates how Aspose.Report for .NETs AdHoc.Web component can be used to filter the data. The result is a report with light-weight filtering built in a little over 12 minutes.

Migration from Excel to Aspose.Cells – Rotating Text in Cells

Do you need to rotate (change the orientation of) text in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet cell programmatically? You can do that using Visual Studio Tools for Office, or, removing VSTO from the equation, Aspose.Cells. We show both methods in this article that compares using VSTO (C#, VB) and Aspose.Cells for .NET (C#, VB) to rotate text from within your application. Find out how. Find out how to migrate from Excel to Aspose.Cells and Rotating Text in Cells

Contact Information
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066