Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > dvd region lock

dvd region lock

William Brown

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 09:55:43 +1300, Robert Cooze
<c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:

>On 31/10/10 08:40, Robin Halligan wrote:
>>
>> Hi my wife just got a new computer
>>
>> hp pavilion slimline s5360a
>> win 7
>>
>> we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
>> region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
>> watch any region any number of times?
>>

>Honestly I would take it back and ask why especially in NZ where the
>Gray import market Zone 1,2,3,4,etc are in circulation.

It does not have to be the Gray Market just have a look in The
Warehouse lots of R1 & R2..

>The answer is they wont help you there most likely and spout off some
>copyright law that seems to override the consumers guarantees act.
>
>The worse thing about where the law may be is it is worse to tell you
>how to change it from a punishment perspective than to copy for
>distribution.
>
>Sorry not a lot of help there.

William Brown

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:40:12 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 31/10/2010 8:40 a.m., Robin Halligan wrote:
>>
>> Hi my wife just got a new computer
>>
>> hp pavilion slimline s5360a
>> win 7
>>
>> we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
>> region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
>> watch any region any number of times?
>>

>Google for the model number of *the DVD drive* and "region free" and you
>should find sufficient instructions to sort it out (which unfortunately
>may include being out of luck).

Windows also has a Region lock.

Richard

On 31/10/2010 6:31 p.m., William Brown wrote:

>> Honestly I would take it back and ask why especially in NZ where the
>> Gray import market Zone 1,2,3,4,etc are in circulation.

> It does not have to be the Gray Market just have a look in The
> Warehouse lots of R1& R2..

Which the warehouse imported themselves, not the movie distributors,
which means they are grey market.

Geoffm

All else fails, AnyDVD is great program for fixing this (and other)
DVD protection issues.
Geoff

11On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:40:02 +1300, Robin Halligan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi my wife just got a new computer
>
>hp pavilion slimline s5360a
>win 7
>
>we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
>region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
>watch any region any number of times?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <iaithk$k57$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lodi wrote:

>> Bret wrote:

>>> I think it's Matshita. Next to impossible to make region free. Am zero
>>> for three.

>> Matsushita not mat shita LOL

> The names are interchangeable.

Also the way the Japanese pronounce it. They tend to almost leave out ā€œuā€
sounds.

William Brown

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi my wife just got a new computer
>
>hp pavilion slimline s5360a
>win 7
>
>we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
>region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
>watch any region any number of times?

Take it back under the C.G.A not suitable or unfit for the intended
purpose, plus was you warned about this when you purchased it...