Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: orcon

Re: orcon

Rhino

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:10:45 +1300, Anony Mouse <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I have just seen the news item about orcon losing customers' email
>> records.
>> I am curious to know how many people here store all their emails and
>> contacts on their isp's server?

>I think there is nothing like stabbing an enemy when they are down.
>
>Orcon suck big time and so does Scott Bartlett, Audrey Watts and Craig
>Whitemore.
>
>Bartlett tossed his toys out of the TDR cot.
>
>http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...lutions-scheme
>
>Audrey Watts fabricated evidence (To which Orcon has admitted), made
>threats of complaints to the privacy commissioner, threats of a
>complaint to the police and criminal legal action and threats of civil
>legal action against me. None of which were ever carried out,
>furthermore I took Orcon through the TCF/TDR disputes resolution
>process and then the Disputes Tribunal and a district court appeal.
>
>I did not have the benefit of legal council therefor my case was not put
>in the way it should have been. None the less Orcon did not come away
>smelling of roses. My biggest failing was not citing the NZ UCE act when
>Orcon accused me, without offering any evidence that that occurred, one
>of New Zealand's most vocal anti spam activists, of inciting others to
>spam them and used their C U clause to tos me.
>
>http://zlspam.blogspot.com
>
>http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...jectid=3519278
>
>Craig Whitemore, Orcon's senior network administrator, is enshrined in
>Internet history. If you are in the know you will know why.
>
>Mr Whitemore is the owner of this out of date hate site, hosted on Orcon
>IP space, most likely for free, targeting people and companies whose
>only offense was to do what the law allowed in New Zealand at the time.
>He was also partly responsible for Brendan Battles being vilified in the
>press and Mr Battles losing his job. Not that I have any love for Mr
>Battles the email address harvester and publisher of Master Disk 2000.
>
>http://spam.co.nz
>
>Orcon is a wholly owned company of Kordia Ltd who have been in a long
>running dispute with NZART over market rate rental for hill top repeater
>sites, an important infrastructure asset used in case of natural disasters.
>
>The outcome of this dispute is that many of the amateur radio repeaters
>that were located at Kordia sites have had to be or are due to be moved
>to different sites at some considerable cost to the amateur radio clubs
>that maintain them. Amateur radio is bound by international
>law/convention that basically says that amateur radio can not be used to
>make money and all amateur radio clubs as well as the national
>organization, NZART, are non profit organizations. Kordia were demanding
>over $25 thousand dollars a year from a non profit organization.
>
>But wait there is more... As founding secretary of the Wireless Data
>Forum, now the Wireless Data and Broadband Forum, part of ICT NZ, and
> [...]

A wonderful diatribe, but very little of substance.

Can you supply proof of the claims you have made? To an outsider,
they seem like sour grapes. While you may have had a disagreement
with them as a member of NZART, you do need to backup your statements
with some evidence.

By the way, I don't use Orcon as my ISP, I would just like some
clarification of your claims.

Cheers, Rhino

Orcon Classic Car Fair NZ Computing 21 11-15-2003 02:42 PM
Orcon to iServe mail issue madknoxie NZ Computing 5 09-05-2003 04:44 AM

Advertisments