Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > New release of the C Containers Library (CCL)

New release of the C Containers Library (CCL)

red floyd

On 11/8/2010 1:13 PM, MartinBroadhurst wrote:

> Jon, you're so wrong that people who are merely massively in error
> look to you for consolation.
> You're so wrong that the people of the planet Wrong have rung to say
> that they don't know you.
> You're so wrong that somewhere in Paris, there is an aluminium
> simulacrum of you; it is the SI unit of being wrong.

Obligatory XKCD.

http://xkcd.com/386/

Malcolm McLean

On Nov 8, 10:28*pm, MartinBroadhurst <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> class C
> {
> * * /* No need to define a default constructor; one is implicitly
> defined */
> * * /* No need to define a copy constructor; one is implicitly defined
> */
> * * /* No need to define a copy-assignment operator; one is implicitly
> defined */
> * * /* No need to define a destructor; one is implicitly defined */
>
> };
>
> C c1;
> C c2;
> c1 += c2; /* Damn! */

One annoying feature is that += isn't by default equivalent to x = x +
c.
Another more deep-seated problem, which C shares, is that there is no
concept of "scalar". So as you add types you end up with N^2
requirements for arithemetical-type functions.

However you wouldn't expect arithmetical operators by default. They
don't always makes sense.

Noob

red floyd wrote:

> Obligatory XKCD.
>
> http://xkcd.com/386/

One of my all-time favorites. (Because it's so true.)

James

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ib7t49$i73$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
[...]

> You seem quite autistic. There is help for that FYI.

You seem like a full blown as#hole. Sorry, but there is no help for that
particular problem...

Jon

James wrote:
> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ib7t49$i73$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> [...]
>
>> You seem quite autistic. There is help for that FYI.

> You seem like a full blown as#hole. Sorry, but there is no help for
> that particular problem...

Waaaaaaaaaaank! You and your boys keep tuggin' 'em together.

Seebs

On 2010-11-14, Wncl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Who is Keith Thompson?

Keith is one of the resident experts on C. The person you were responding
to is a troll who posts nothing but complaints about how people who know C
aren't enough like him. I recommend you killfile "Richard", if you actually
want to read about C. If you're interested in pointless internet drama,
though, he's your guy.

-s

Keith Thompson

"Wncl" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
[...]
> Who is Keith Thompson?

I am either Keith Thompson or Spartacus.

Nokia

lawrence.jones@siemens.com

> I am either Keith Thompson or Spartacus.

*I* am Spartacus!
--
Larry Jones

Whatever it is, it's driving me crazy! -- Calvin