Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Eclipse 10 hangs at runtime.

Eclipse 10 hangs at runtime.

Chatoyer Chatoyer is offline
Junior Member

Has anyone else seen this happen? I can't personally find a fault in the code, but the expected output ceases, and the console fails to terminate.

Also, thinking to debug this with the command line compiler, I discovered what anyone less naif probably knew: that a class will not compile, and reports "cannot find symbol" if there is a call to a method of a different class that uses the fully qualified method name. When one class calls the method of another, and the other the one, I see no way to compile with javac.exe at all, yet Eclipse doesn't report any warning. Is this actually the case, or am I missing something rudimentary? Should this cause the hang-up I discovered?

Chatoyer Chatoyer is offline
Junior Member

I can own to a mistake here; I found the infinite loop in an overlooked method, and accounted for the "hang up." Thank you all! As to the compilation difficulty with the command line, I'll await some more inspiration.