Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is your favorite browser to use and why?

What is your favorite browser to use and why?

Jordon

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
>
>> There are some people who say Chrome rings home but I don't care if it
>> does because I've nothing to hide.

> You are *just* the person Google is looking for. They really want *all*
> of your data.
>
> (link was posted earlier today
> <http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/28/google-chrome-os-revolutionize-operating/>

I wouldn't care if Faux News said that the sun sets in the west.
I wouldn't believe them.

OldGringo38

On 10/29/2010 10:29 AM Just to please that super-ego, Muse Gruppes wrote
the following tidbit of information:
> For me? (using windows 7) Chrome seems to be the fastest, most
> customizable browser out there. I've been doing some browser comparisons
> and although there are zillions of add-ons for Firefox, it just goes
> incredibly slow most of the time.
>
> Hopefully FF 4 will be speedier. I guess my other 2 favs are Safari and
> Opera.
>
> I'd use those more often if there was an add-on to zoom photos bigger
> when hovering over on facebook and other social networking sites.
>
> Back to Chrome, are there any disadvantages using it? Maybe I overlooked
> something.

At this stage of the game all of the top browsers are good candidates,
my personal preference is FF, and that is because of the customization
features, and eye candy, and it is very user friendly.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Muse Gruppes wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
>>> There are some people who say Chrome rings home but I don't care if
>>> it does because I've nothing to hide.

>> You are *just* the person Google is looking for. They really want
>> *all* of your data.
>>
>> (link was posted earlier today
>> <http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/28/google-chrome-os-revolutionize-operating/>
>>

> So if they have it (data) what do they do with it? Something
> malicious? Do they share it with the Government? I mean is it really
> that nefarious?

Maybe you don't have any personal, private data. Feel free to give it
to Google, I suppose. <shrug>

--
-bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jordon wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> You are *just* the person Google is looking for. They really want
>> *all* of your data.
>>
>> (link was posted earlier today
>> <http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/28/google-chrome-os-revolutionize-operating/>

> I wouldn't care if Faux News said that the sun sets in the west.
> I wouldn't believe them.

In this case, Google has been saying this for .. oh .. a year or more
now. Apparently you've missed previous announcements about their
"browser-only-we-keep-your-data" operating system. It's been talked
about since the Chrome browser was introduced by them.

The Fox News article is just a recent rehash of the same Google
announcements.

(I don't read Fox News either...)

--
-bts

Meat Plow

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:29:29 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

> For me? (using windows 7) Chrome seems to be the fastest, most
> customizable browser out there. I've been doing some browser comparisons
> and although there are zillions of add-ons for Firefox, it just goes
> incredibly slow most of the time.
>
> Hopefully FF 4 will be speedier. I guess my other 2 favs are Safari and
> Opera.
>
> I'd use those more often if there was an add-on to zoom photos bigger
> when hovering over on facebook and other social networking sites.
>
> Back to Chrome, are there any disadvantages using it? Maybe I overlooked
> something.

Chromium 6.0.497.0 (56218-1mdv2010.0) linux

No disadvantages I can find although the tab bar takes a little getting
used to.

Stephen Wolstenholme

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:17:43 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
>
>> There are some people who say Chrome rings home but I don't care if it
>> does because I've nothing to hide.

>You are *just* the person Google is looking for. They really want *all*
>of your data.

Google can retrieve all my data if they want. It's advertising and
product promotion and free to anyone who wants it.

>(link was posted earlier today
><http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/28/google-chrome-os-revolutionize-operating/>

Looks like the mainframe operating system I worked on 30 years ago.

Steve

--
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
>>> There are some people who say Chrome rings home but I don't care if
>>> it does because I've nothing to hide.

>> You are *just* the person Google is looking for. They really want
>> *all* of your data.

> Google can retrieve all my data if they want. It's advertising and
> product promotion and free to anyone who wants it.

Ok, it's your choice. Obviously then, you don't use your computer for
online banking, shopping and things like that. You don't send personal
email to anyone. You don't write personal documents or maintain
spreadsheets of confidential data.

Best of luck.

> Looks like the mainframe operating system I worked on 30 years ago.

Pretty much so.

--
-bts

Stephen Wolstenholme

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 07:51:59 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

>>> You are *just* the person Google is looking for. They really want
>>> *all* of your data.

>> Google can retrieve all my data if they want. It's advertising and
>> product promotion and free to anyone who wants it.

>Ok, it's your choice. Obviously then, you don't use your computer for
>online banking, shopping and things like that. You don't send personal
>email to anyone. You don't write personal documents or maintain
>spreadsheets of confidential data.

That's about it - I've nothing to hide.

Steve

--
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

> That's about it - I've nothing to hide.

Then I suppose you will love the 'cloud'. Best of luck.

--
-bts
-This poast is valid through December 21, 2012

Jordon

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Jordon wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> You are *just* the person Google is looking for. They really want
>>> *all* of your data.
>>>
>>> (link was posted earlier today
>>> <http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/28/google-chrome-os-revolutionize-operating/>

>> I wouldn't care if Faux News said that the sun sets in the west.
>> I wouldn't believe them.

> In this case, Google has been saying this for .. oh .. a year or more
> now. Apparently you've missed previous announcements about their
> "browser-only-we-keep-your-data" operating system. It's been talked
> about since the Chrome browser was introduced by them.
>
> The Fox News article is just a recent rehash of the same Google
> announcements.
>
> (I don't read Fox News either...)

I think you missed my point BTS.