Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: V Cast Media Manager

Re: V Cast Media Manager

Meat Plow

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:10:22 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 -0500, "Jane_Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I just signed up for a Verizon account and got a Samsung phone. I dont
>>use texting or internet, so need to transfer my ringtones and photos
>>with the USB and software.
>>
>>But I go to install their V Cast Media Manager and it balks, saying it
>>wont install or run on a 64 bit system.
>>
>>WTF!
>>
>>I looked and they dont appear to have anything for 64 bit that does
>>this.
>>
>>DOes anyone know a workaround or software for this?

> When you connect your phone, you should be able to simply browse the
> phone's directory. There should be a file called 'music' or ringtones,
> and you should be able to copy the ringtones as mp3 directly to that
> folder.

Not on most Verizon phones using Brew.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:23:40 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:14:33 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Not on most Verizon phones using Brew.

> Hmm.. The last two I had did Maybe those were the exceptions?

Depends. Qualcomm phones are difficult to get to system folder on.

Aardvark

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:14:45 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:23:40 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:14:33 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Not on most Verizon phones using Brew.

>> Hmm.. The last two I had did Maybe those were the exceptions?

> Depends. Qualcomm phones are difficult to get to system folder on.

The most useful resource for hacking mobile phones that I've found is
here:

<http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/>

My first port of call anytime I need to find out how to work on a mobile
phone.

Unfortunately for the Ayn Rand-fan OP bitch, she won't see this post, as
she stupidly bit-bucketed me

no hace mucho tiempo que vivĂ*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, rocĂ*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'