Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: V Cast Media Manager

Re: V Cast Media Manager

Dan C

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:

> I just signed up for a Verizon account and got a Samsung phone. I dont
> use texting or internet, so need to transfer my ringtones and photos
> with the USB and software.
>
> But I go to install their V Cast Media Manager and it balks, saying it
> wont install or run on a 64 bit system.
>
> WTF!
>
> I looked and they dont appear to have anything for 64 bit that does
> this.
>
> DOes anyone know a workaround or software for this?

You'll need to format your hard drive in 64 bit mode, and then it will
work.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:48:52 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:
>
>> I just signed up for a Verizon account and got a Samsung phone. I dont
>> use texting or internet, so need to transfer my ringtones and photos
>> with the USB and software.
>>
>> But I go to install their V Cast Media Manager and it balks, saying it
>> wont install or run on a 64 bit system.
>>
>> WTF!
>>
>> I looked and they dont appear to have anything for 64 bit that does
>> this.
>>
>> DOes anyone know a workaround or software for this?

> You'll need to format your hard drive

Right on cue.

Dan C

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:04:43 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:48:52 +0000, Dan C wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:
>>
>>> I just signed up for a Verizon account and got a Samsung phone. I dont
>>> use texting or internet, so need to transfer my ringtones and photos
>>> with the USB and software.
>>>
>>> But I go to install their V Cast Media Manager and it balks, saying it
>>> wont install or run on a 64 bit system.
>>>
>>> WTF!
>>>
>>> I looked and they dont appear to have anything for 64 bit that does
>>> this.
>>>
>>> DOes anyone know a workaround or software for this?

>> You'll need to format your hard drive

> Right on cue.

How predictable.

PWNED!

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he dressed up like Santa and grabbed his axe.

joevan

On 30 Oct 2010 00:08:16 GMT, Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:04:43 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

>>> You'll need to format your hard drive

>> Right on cue.

>How predictable.

Yep, you are predictable and a bore.

Meat Plow

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:08:16 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:04:43 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

>>> You'll need to format your hard drive

>> Right on cue.

> How predictable.
>
> PWNED!

Nice self spank, doofus. I'll give that one a B+