Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: orcon

Re: orcon

Sweetpea

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:05:36 +1300, Reg wrote:

> I have just seen the news item about orcon losing customers' email
> records.
> I am curious to know how many people here store all their emails and
> contacts on their isp's server?

Nope. Ditto for Gmail, or Hotmail, or any other web-based equivalent.

John Little

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:05:36 +1300, Reg wrote:
> I have just seen the news item about orcon losing customers' email
> records.
> *I am curious to know how many people here store all their emails and
> contacts on their isp's server?

Not my ISP...

On Oct 29, 8:52*pm, Sweetpea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Nope. Ditto for Gmail, or Hotmail, or any other web-based equivalent.

But yes in Gmail. I do trust Google, though I wonder how rational
that is. There's a lot of anti-Google sniping, which seems to
originate in blatant propaganda from its rivals and those whose
parasitic and toxic business models (f.ex. television advertising)
have been undermined.

Regards, John

Gordon

On 2010-10-29, John Little <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:05:36 +1300, Reg wrote:
>> I have just seen the news item about orcon losing customers' email
>> records.
>> *I am curious to know how many people here store all their emails and
>> contacts on their isp's server?

> Not my ISP...
>
> On Oct 29, 8:52*pm, Sweetpea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Nope. Ditto for Gmail, or Hotmail, or any other web-based equivalent.

> But yes in Gmail. I do trust Google,

To do do what? Serious question. BTW, can one kill Google, as in a human?

though I wonder how rational
> that is. There's a lot of anti-Google sniping, which seems to
> originate in blatant propaganda from its rivals and those whose
> parasitic and toxic business models (f.ex. television advertising)
> have been undermined.

That as it as it is, your data, held only by a second party whom you have
never met. Your choice.

Orcon Classic Car Fair NZ Computing 21 11-15-2003 02:42 PM
Orcon to iServe mail issue madknoxie NZ Computing 5 09-05-2003 04:44 AM

Advertisments