Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Extremely fast Computer

Extremely fast Computer

Peter Foldes

Beats the Cray 1.5 Gold located in Tennessee by 10 times in computing and speed

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39889753...ch_and_gadgets

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Buffalo

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Beats the Cray 1.5 Gold located in Tennessee by 10 times in computing
> and speed

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39889753...ch_and_gadgets

Damn, now there's one faster than mine. Geez!!
Buffalo

philo

On 10/28/2010 01:06 PM, Buffalo wrote:
> Peter Foldes wrote:
>> Beats the Cray 1.5 Gold located in Tennessee by 10 times in computing
>> and speed
>>

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39889753...ch_and_gadgets
>
> Damn, now there's one faster than mine. Geez!!
> Buffalo

I have a friend who was on the design team for the Cray-1 and was lucky
enough to get a plant tour.
Back then he told me that Seymour Cray was very worried about being
beaten by the Japanese.

In his lifetime it never happened...but according to that article
the Japanese intact did beat the US in supercomputers 2002-2004

and now the Chinese have done it.

All I can say is: Good for them!