Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Help with Java Calculator Program

Help with Java Calculator Program

markspace

On 10/27/2010 8:43 PM, DeAndrea Monroe wrote:

> It's a handout that was given to me from an instructor.

Ah, ok, think you could transcribe it? I.e., type it in?

markspace

On 10/27/2010 9:40 PM, markspace wrote:
> On 10/27/2010 8:43 PM, DeAndrea Monroe wrote:
>>
>> It's a handout that was given to me from an instructor.

> Ah, ok, think you could transcribe it? I.e., type it in?

I'll add a post scriptum: The reason I ask is that your Java code is
really odd. Your mixing static and instance methods and variables quite
strangely. I'd like to see what it is you are trying to copy. You
might be doing it correctly or you might not, it's hard to say.

Roedy Green

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 06:23:34 -0700 (PDT), DeAndrea Monroe
said :

>I am writing a calculator program in Java. I just need the basics but
>I'm using a stack. I'm trying to do a nested while loop that counts
>integers that are greater than 9 but I can't seem to get it right. My
>code can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/cschelp/source/list

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/trace.html

Watch your program running in a trace, and see where it does something
you do not expect.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to everybody is the "most reliable Windows ever." To me, this is like saying that asparagus is "the most articulate vegetable ever."
~ Dave Barry