Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Multilingual documentation solutions

Multilingual documentation solutions

Astley Le Jasper

My query isn't specific to Python, but some of you might have been in
a similar position and if there are any technical solutions, I'd
prefer to do it in Python.

I have developed an application using Django and the supporting
documentation needs to be multilingual. This isn't at code level,
rather for staff and administrators. I wondered if there a best
practice out there or any tools people are using.

At the moment I'm producing a word document with screenshots that gets
translated, but this is getting very difficult to control, especially
tracking small content changes and translations.

Hrvoje Niksic

Astley Le Jasper <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> At the moment I'm producing a word document with screenshots that gets
> translated, but this is getting very difficult to control, especially
> tracking small content changes and translations.

I don't know if you considered this, but you might want to look into
RestructuredText or similar lightweight markup alternatives to a word
document. The advantage is that you can easily track small content
changes with version control, and update translations as necessary.

Astley Le Jasper

Thanks for the pointer. I'll have a look into it.